70mai Omni 360 (x200) Dash Cam

runtohell121

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue - too many to list
Was one of the ones that pledge on Kickstarter and received the unit last weekend.

Initial impression - the build quality feels sturdy and nice, the motor that rotates the lens is somewhat audible, but not too loud. Video quality is so-so, haven't used any of the voice commands yet. Can't figure out how to get the footage off the device besides using the app as my computer isn't detecting the dash cam when connected via USB.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try my best to answer them if possible.

Below are some photos of the packaging; sure sticks out when it's red and white lol.
IMG_20230121_083931342.jpg
IMG_20230121_083956163.jpg
IMG_20230121_084157292.jpg
IMG_20230121_084240067.jpg
IMG_20230121_084607582.jpg
IMG_20230121_084628045.jpg
IMG_20230121_084647525.jpg

Sample footage:

Attachments

• IMG_20230121_084037393.jpg
    IMG_20230121_084037393.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230121_084258270.jpg
    IMG_20230121_084258270.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1
To pair the X200 and the computer, use the original SMARTPHONE cable or any other high-quality data cable. The complete 3.5meter cable is only for power, it does not support data transmission. Do you have a version without 4G china?

To pair the X200 and the computer, use the original SMARTPHONE cable or any other high-quality data cable. The complete 3.5meter cable is only for power, it does not support data transmission. Do you have a version without 4G china?
I used a USB-C to USB-C cable from Samsung to connect to my MacBook Pro, but that didn't work and I do know most dash cams will not work if being powered by USB-C to USB-C cables unfortunately. I tried a cheaper USB-A to USB-C cable on my Windows laptop and that was able to power the dash cam; didn't get it to go to storage/file explorer mode.

My unit doesn't have 4G data - don't think US was allow to purchase that option. And I do not have a hardwire kit for this device either. Pretty much got the minimum; more of an interesting novelty toy to me.

Use the original USB-A-USB-C cable. I checked, everything works for me, Omni is defined as a USB drive

Greetings! Huge bug: UP3 HWkit + parking mode. High energy consumption at 12V 0.13A

that's high for me. Rear 1S ~3mA (Chinese domestic market), alarm 43mA, pet alarm ~11mA. The X200 drains the battery overnight. Or is the battery bad? New Car, 8 month!!
In how many seconds will your 1S record a video after impact? 7 seconds? During this time, the violator will already leave, because he will not stop. In the new 70mai models (M500, X200), video recording is instantaneous, the delay is about 0.3 seconds (!). Because the DVR is not completely turned off, it is in sleep mode. And please do not compare the consumption of the camera and the alarm, these are different devices.. You won't find lower consumption on devices with instant recording or buffer.

Indeed, the 1S wakes up after more impact. The X200 is very fast. Battery: 44Ah Varta (350A) no start-stop.

Use the original USB-A-USB-C cable. I checked, everything works for me, Omni is defined as a USB drive
I bought X200 with the chinese firmware, would there be any way for me to reinstal the firmware for the english version using a USB C to USB A Cable since the device does not have any External MicroSD port

I bought X200 with the chinese firmware, would there be any way for me to reinstal the firmware for the english version using a USB C to USB A Cable since the device does not have any External MicroSD port
No, the firmware is incompatible. We tried installing the international firmware on the Chinese version, it doesn't work.
There is an online authorization via the server. We can't get around it. 70mai knows that you have the Chinese version by serial number, and it will only work with the Chinese app

Was one of the ones that pledge on Kickstarter and received the unit last weekend.

Initial impression - the build quality feels sturdy and nice, the motor that rotates the lens is somewhat audible, but not too loud. Video quality is so-so, haven't used any of the voice commands yet. Can't figure out how to get the footage off the device besides using the app as my computer isn't detecting the dash cam when connected via USB.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try my best to answer them if possible.

Below are some photos of the packaging; sure sticks out when it's red and white lol.
View attachment 63804
View attachment 63805
View attachment 63807
View attachment 63808
View attachment 63810
View attachment 63811
View attachment 63812

Sample footage:
Hello I just had this installed. I cannot get it to pair with my phone. It's saying no internet connection. Any suggestions?

Yes it say no internet, CUZ you connect to the camera and not a internet router, its typical android to freak out when there are no avenue for mining your information.
So you should be connected to the camera, but of course have no internet that way.

By pressing that middle icon below the live feed, as i recall it look a little like a mountain in the icon, the lady in the video also press it to see her recordings.

Now if you have the model with the accessory 4G modem, to be able to remotely access the camera, then you of course first need to add the modem too and pair it with the camera.
At least i think that is how it work, 70mai also have a video on this on their youtube channel, once that is done i assume you connect to the camera remotely just like you would do over wifi, but then just over 4G

But i am guessing here, sadly i do not have the 4G modem, 70mai just sent me the bare camera.

Back