A139 3ch suddenly dropped rear and int cameras

Carlitto19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi it's Carl from London
Thanks for accepting me to the community.

I went through many similar posts about issues with a139 but couldn't quite find the same issue as with mine
So:

My 139 is about 3 years old. The most of the times I only used it with front and rear camera.
Recently I connected interior camera as well.
After few months of using the issues occured:

While normal night time driving , dash cam started beeping. After about my 10 minutes journey I switched it off and back on and she says "recording 1 channel started". switched it off again, disconnected power supply and after about 3 minutes reconnected it again with the same result - only one channel recording.

I did
-format sd car
-changed sd card (format it as well)
-tried different power supply
-connecting only interior cam or only rear cam
-software upgrade (it had the newest anyway but I was hoping it would fix the issue)

Nothing has helped, it still records only one channel (front)

Is there anything else I could do or is it time to invest in a new dash cam?

Welcome to the club.
If you don’t get it sorted out Viofo has free lifetime tech support.
You can submit a ticket here;
If your A139 is working reliably in 1-Channel configuration you may have an issue with one, or both of the Coax cables for the Rear & IR Interior cameras.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 8.00.39 AM.png

If you end up getting a newer model Viofo keep in mind they upgraded the hardwire kit from 24AWG to 20AWG wires to “increase” power output.
If you use your old hardwire kit with a newer “power hungry” model you may experience power starvation malfunctions like shutting down, or endless bootloop.
-Chuck

I've also tried all the support methods, new cables, new rear channel, new int channel. Replaced the main body twice. Nothing worked. It would not work in the cigarette lighter after a period of inactivity either. Nor with the HK3C hardwire kit. I tried claiming my credit card warranty but it was denied as they deemed it to be an inherent product design defect. So thanks to Viofo for a $220 headache. I switched to another brand and haven't had any problems at all. I really wanted to like this dashcam but it was simply one of those "too good to be true" type of products. Too buggy, too many features.

On the other hand, I have a A119v2 in 3 other vehicles that have worked for 8 years without missing a beat.

I have experienced a simlar issue. In my case, it is caused by the cables being jostled. The cable has to sit tight in the camera. The cable going into the main unit goes straight down. I had it backwards where the angled cable was going into the top of the main unit. This way going over any bump will make the camera go beep beep beep. Or recording one channel only (if I had 2 channels selected). I also made sure the cable going to the rear cam was not being touched by something in the back (if the cable was hanging over the rear car seat and a glove bounced on it, the cam would go beep beep beep, recording one channel only).

I have experienced a simlar issue. In my case, it is caused by the cables being jostled. The cable has to sit tight in the camera. The cable going into the main unit goes straight down. I had it backwards where the angled cable was going into the top of the main unit. This way going over any bump will make the camera go beep beep beep. Or recording one channel only (if I had 2 channels selected). I also made sure the cable going to the rear cam was not being touched by something in the back (if the cable was hanging over the rear car seat and a glove bounced on it, the cam would go beep beep beep, recording one channel only).

For me, everything was extremely unreliable. I ended up throwing the dash cam to the bin.

Back