A139 Pro Parking Mode

SJC09

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I installed an A139 Pro along with a PC8 battery pack with spliced HK3-C hardwire kit from BlackboxMyCar.. Things seem to mostly be working OK, but noticed that every night when the car is parked in my dark garage, it seems to record many times through the night. I have Auto Event Detection turned on, with parking motion detection set to medium and parking g-sensor on high. Im using firmware version V1.1_0629. Is it suggested to change any of these settings for use when parking in a garage and parking mode is not needed? I dont want to have to switch sensitivity between jome and away -- so in an ideal situation, parking mode with Geofence would be ideal -- but I guess this camera doesnt yet have that feature? Is there another firmware available that reduces the number of false parking recordings?

Thanks

Not addressing the AED parking mode sensitivity question, but I would suggest an alternative approach when the vehicle is parked at home in the garage. When the vehicle is parked in the garage, long press the power button (leftmost button) to power down the A139 Pro. The A139 Pro will remain in this low power state until the vehicle is started the next time the vehicle is driven. In my testing the "off" state of the A139 Pro and the HK3-C hardwire kit still consumes about 11 mA / 0.14 Watts which is a very low power draw. My wife's car has an A129 Pro Duo dash camera and it is operated in this manner while parked at home. I have placed a sign on the garage side of the door that goes from the garage to the house which asks "Is The Dash Camera Off?" as a reminder to turn off the dash camera. Not a perfect solution, but a workable one.

Also think about setting the Parking Duration setting if you don't ever need it recording for more than x hours after parking.

Yes, Geofencing would be nice to have, but it is currently missing!

Hi I installed an A139 Pro along with a PC8 battery pack with spliced HK3-C hardwire kit from BlackboxMyCar.. Things seem to mostly be working OK, but noticed that every night when the car is parked in my dark garage, it seems to record many times through the night. I have Auto Event Detection turned on, with parking motion detection set to medium and parking g-sensor on high. Im using firmware version V1.1_0629. Is it suggested to change any of these settings for use when parking in a garage and parking mode is not needed? I dont want to have to switch sensitivity between jome and away -- so in an ideal situation, parking mode with Geofence would be ideal -- but I guess this camera doesnt yet have that feature? Is there another firmware available that reduces the number of false parking recordings?

Thanks
If your car is parked in a busy place, it is better to set the parking motion detection to Low to avoid many videos.

Back