A229 Pro - any issues with Parking mode if hardwired to battery pack?

benname

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I have an A229 Pro Dual on the way along with the hardwire kit but I planned to run the cam to a battery pack to extend the life of main battery. I have previously had 70mai and Blackvue both of which I have connected to battery packs and it was all fairly straight forward. Is the A229 the same in that it enters parking mode after being stationary for some time (x minutes?) Or is it triggered when the car is turned off? This would be an issue with the start stop eco mode running where the car stops at every set of lights so I am assuming if it is connected to battery pack parking mode will only be triggered after being stationary for say 5 minutes? Any advice appreciated. Thx

If your battery pack is connected to an acc/switched fuse then you should be fine. Dashcams don't enter parking mode after being stationary, they enter it when the acc wire on the parking mode cable is powered off.

If your battery pack is connected to an acc/switched fuse then you should be fine. Dashcams don't enter parking mode after being stationary, they enter it when the acc wire on the parking mode cable is powered off.
Viofo cameras will enter parking mode after about 5 minutes of no sensed motion or g-sensor activity. Using the the yellow ACC trigger wire from the Viofo hardwire kit is the most reliable way though.

Viofo cameras will enter parking mode after about 5 minutes of no sensed motion or g-sensor activity. Using the the yellow ACC trigger wire from the Viofo hardwire kit is the most reliable way though.
Even without a hardwire kit?

Many dashcams will enter parking guard even if on a 2 wire regular in dash plug setup, all you have to do is sit still in the car for a while and it will change.
At least in the old days, my Lukas LK 7500 did that am,d as i recall parking guard was not even on it it, it was for sure not hardwired.

The street guardian systems also had the option in the menu to select 2 or 3 wire power, i assume that mean 3 wire hardwire kit or regular 12 V power ( constant or ACC ) X minutes inactivity it will change.

I’ve had my A229 Pro wired into a Cellink Neo battery since launch and it’s worked fine.
Does the A229 Pro go into parking mode when the parking mode is turned on and the power is constant, like other models from Viofo?

I have received the unit and paired (hardwired) it with an IROAD POWERPACK PRO12(12000mA). It works fine and parking mode is set to record on motion and is picking up all movement and 30 sec before. The battery is giving me over 24 hours recording time (claimed 48 hours but haven't let it run that long between charging). It is performing as claimed and I am glad parking mode works as this is why I bought the unit.

Hi, i'm a new italian user and i want to buy the viofo A229 pro 2 channel for my kia sportage 2023, but if i connect only in the fuse box i'm sure that the battery draw, so i think to connect it to a battery pack, i need the parking mode for all night (13-14 hours), a battery pack like a thinkware bab50 is good ?

i need the parking mode for all night (13-14 hours), a battery pack like a thinkware bab50 is good ?
The a229 pro 2ch uses 6 watts during parking mode, the bab50 has will give you around 7.5-8.5 hours of parking mode since it has a small 57Wh(minus efficiency loses) battery. Then you need to drive 45 minutes to fully charge it.
The BlackVue Battery B-130X 96Wh battery will give you around 13.5 hours of parking mode.
Or get a power station, bigger/better/cheaper https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-dedicated-options-extra-functionality.49972/

are you sure 6watts? in this video with the tests the results are:

1) Motion detect 4,9 w
2) Time laps 4,6w
3) Recording in a low bitrate 4,6 w

or not?

After the night (13-14 hours) i drive for about 35 minutes in this way the battery will charge about at 90%
after i stop for another 9 hours and i drive for another 35 minutes

do you think that the remaining 4-5 hours, after the 7.5-8.5 hours that the bab50 goes off, will drain the car battery?

are you sure 6watts? in this video with the tests the results are:

1) Motion detect 4,9 w
2) Time laps 4,6w
3) Recording in a low bitrate 4,6 w

or not?
My bad, regular recording was 6w, auto event is 5w with 2ch. With that you'll get 9-10 hours with motion detect recording.
35min of driving will get you around 7.5 hours of parking mode.
Your car battery won't drain because the bab50 battery isn't connected to it, its connected to a fuse that only turns on when the car is on.
These battery times are all assumptions, could be 1 hour more or less, it could also charge slower or faster.

Last edited:
ok it's clear... for the use that i explained before is this a good solution (bab50) or it's obbligatory to purchase a battery with more charge (like a powercell 8, bab95...) ?

i found a new solution, a viofo service give to me this powerbank producer (6200mah - 79,36 wh)

maybe it's a better solution!

Hi there. I'm eyeing on this one too. It's cheaper but I can't find any reviews of it. Did you end up buying this?

Back