BlackVue DR500GW-HD - How to mount?

Yeshua

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
VIOFO A129 Pro
Hello, I'm what you might call a "dashcam newbie". I've bought the BlackVue DR500GW-HD, but I'm not sure on how to mount it. The manual isn't clear imho.

I've looked through Google, YouTube, this forum, ... and I can't find an answer to my question. Here's what's puzzling me: the manual , page 11, Package Components says Double-sided Tape for the Mounting Bracket which I have. One side is red and the other (sort of) yellow. Then, on page 15, Installation, the manual says Attach the product to the windshield glass with the double-sided tape. However, there's a drawing that shows only the double-sided tape on the mounting bracket itself.

My question: do I need the separate double-sided tape and if so, how to apply it? (Red side on the windshield for example.) Or is it meant as a spare/extra?

Thanks!

In the retail packaging, you have one tape pad already preinstalled on the mount where you just peel off the red protective cover and stick it to the windshield/windscreen. The packaging also contains an extra pad in case you ever want to remount it at a later time.

Tnx, TallTom, I guess that answers my question. :)

Back