Bumps in the road triggers locked file?

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So this happened a few times today. Went over bumps in the road and heard a shutter sound with some audio. Pretty sure this is the unit locking a file thinking there might have been an accident. I saw other comments about this issue for this unit so is the fix to set a lower sensitivity on the G meter?

So this happened a few times today. Went over bumps in the road and heard a shutter sound with some audio. Pretty sure this is the unit locking a file thinking there might have been an accident. I saw other comments about this issue for this unit so is the fix to set a lower sensitivity on the G meter?
The G-sensor will be triggered when the bumps cause the camera to feel the shake. You can set the G-sensor to Low sensitivity to avoid many locked videos if the road you drive is rugged.

The G-sensor will be triggered when the bumps cause the camera to feel the shake. You can set the G-sensor to Low sensitivity to avoid many locked videos if the road you drive is rugged.
I see. Never have problems with the A119 V2 or A119 Pro so was surprised when the A229 Plus started doing this. Thanks for the suggestion. I have set sensitivity to Low and will monitor.

I have the G-sensor sensitivity set to medium and have never had any false positives.
I also have not encountered any complaints from other users of this model about the sensitivity of the G-sensor.

G-sensors for sure better tuned these days, but TBH i prefer to have it off, at least in regard to when driving.
But some dont allow for this and so i will have to make do with the low setting, which on Danish roads are also enough most times, not even talking 1 activation a week.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A A229 Plus 15
Back