Cable too long

larrygreen1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I have just purchased a Nextbase 422GW Dash Cam & wanted to get a rear camera for my 2020 Honda Jazz.I decided to buy the add on camera first but found this wasn’t suitable so went & bought the rear window camera.Having fed the cable through from the front to the back I am left with so much cable & nowhere to hide it!!! I have contacted Nextbase & all they say that this is the only cable available which tells me that I will have to return to Halfords!!!

Has anyone go any solutions (I don’t want to hardwire anything in)???.I have attached photo’s.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 7F34A7A0-51F2-4826-A658-DBE92253E3C9.jpeg
    7F34A7A0-51F2-4826-A658-DBE92253E3C9.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 32DAE7AE-40A3-4C21-8E47-FEFE584EC795.jpeg
    32DAE7AE-40A3-4C21-8E47-FEFE584EC795.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 11
There is almost certainly some room above the roof panel, you might need to unroll the cable so that it is only one cable thickness, but there should be room. You might need to release some screws or clips before you can get it in. If not then maybe it can go behind the trim on the rear columns.

Hi again Nigel.I have now installed successfully with no wires showing.Thanks again.

One thing to look out for (or listen for) is that "lost" cables can rattle unless they are secured in some way...

Especially considering the MK4 Jazz is ultra quiet inside.

I hardwired a Viofo A119 V3 into mine but I would never consider a rear camera, exposed wires and not keen on a camera on a moving hatchback tailgate.

One thing to look out for (or listen for) is that "lost" cables can rattle unless they are secured in some way...
Thank you for your your comment. My pet hate is noises in the car. Have just sorted a rattle out on my drivers door so don't need anything else to start making noises!!

Back