Can Someone explain the beeps and bloops of the camera?

great_vc

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello!
First time user of a dashcam and i went with this model. Although reading now threads about video quality i'm starting to wonder. First lets address the ridiculous steps that you have to jump in order to connect it to the hotspot of your car. That is amazing bad UI and useless effort.

Anyway, according to the manufacturer (https://www.gelisound.gr/ViewShopProduct.aspx?Id=3222386 i know it is in greek but see the pictures and can translate) you get the camera that shows images of lane movement, when the front car is close to you, red lights notification and some other stuff i notice. First of all there is no application i can put on my DIN on the car that shows those images right? i mean showing with graphics that the car is too close etc. There are just mockups ?

Did my first drive today, enabled all the features. Ok the easy one is the speed camera notifications. Then i got some beeps when the front car started moving. Then another type of beep when something else happened which i cannot understand. I went too close to the front car like i can read the bumper stick, no notification that you are too close on the front car. At sometime i got another beep.

Is there some .pdf that explains what happens when it happens and how you distinguish what the heck is happening in the road.
Maybe from you experience with the camera.

Thank you.
-Vassilis

Generally when dashcams make sounds it is due to ADAS or similar being on ( very few use that in a dashcam ) or lately it could also be the camera signalling it is encountering issues like for instance the memory card is going bad.

Sorry it have taken so long to get a RPLY on this, this should not happen, official Thinkware support or freelance.

Thanks for the replies.
What i don't know is three consecutive beeps. Cannot understand the pattern.

Aside for ADAS there is also the,,,, FVDW.
Most if not all turn these things off in dashcams as they are pretty much just annoying people

It is sort of the same like lane assist in many new cars, people turn that off, other new cars have sleepy driver alarms, so look a bit tired and your new smart car will start to bing and bong.
I very much fear in my next car i will have to disable some speakers here and there, at least if i can not permanent disable some things, my sisters car after being stopped when you start it lane assist are back on as default.
For me a old fashioned guy ABS is annoying to me, i sort of look at it as a insult to my driving skills, thank god it is also the smartest thing in my little 2012 car.

The examples in thinkware dashcam links above only seem to have 2 " beeps "

It could be the 3 beeps you have are warnings for speed cameras or red light cameras, this seem to be called safety cameras in Thinkware language, so also something you might want to turn off, or at least be aware off.

Last edited:
What memory card do you use ? thinkware are a bit fuzzy about what memory cards they like, so it could be a issue with saving footage, i would look at a drive where you had this alarm and see if something is missing.

Aside for ADAS there is also the,,,, FVDW.
Most if not all turn these things off in dashcams as they are pretty much just annoying people

It is sort of the same like lane assist in many new cars, people turn that off, other new cars have sleepy driver alarms, so look a bit tired and your new smart car will start to bing and bong.
I very much fear in my next car i will have to disable some speakers here and there, at least if i can not permanent disable some things, my sisters car after being stopped when you start it lane assist are back on as default.
For me a old fashioned guy ABS is annoying to me, i sort of look at it as a insult to my driving skills, thank god it is also the smartest thing in my little 2012 car.

The examples in thinkware dashcam links above only seem to have 2 " beeps "

It could be the 3 beeps you have are warnings for speed cameras or red light cameras, this seem to be called safety cameras in Thinkware language, so also something you might want to turn off, or at least be aware off.

Agreed on ADAS and my lane keep assist has to be turned off everytime I restart the car.

ABS hard disagree. I've been in accidents and to have that turned off means that you want to have at least a bit of slip and slide around corners like I used to in my old car (I know what you're getting at ;). It helps in the wet along with the associated EBD, traction control etc.

Some technology is useful with that being a safety aid, but also a lot of beeping and booping and jolting you back in your lane isn't. Just wish they'd do a better job at the whole thing.

What memory card do you use ? thinkware are a bit fuzzy about what memory cards they like, so it could be a issue with saving footage, i would look at a drive where you had this alarm and see if something is missing.

I paid a lot of money to get a thinkware card official from US to Greece 128GB!

Agreed on ADAS and my lane keep assist has to be turned off everytime I restart the car.

ABS hard disagree. I've been in accidents and to have that turned off means that you want to have at least a bit of slip and slide around corners like I used to in my old car (I know what you're getting at ;). It helps in the wet along with the associated EBD, traction control etc.

Some technology is useful with that being a safety aid, but also a lot of beeping and booping and jolting you back in your lane isn't. Just wish they'd do a better job at the whole thing.

Yes i disabled these as well after a few drives, no use at all in the end. The only left is the lane changing which i like. But nothing is on that manual about tha 3 beeps. When i hear them next time i will press manual recording and upload id.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eloylb Q800 / Q800 PRO 0
Back