Can Viofo D2000 or D3000 Power Adapter + Cable be used on Street Guardian Cams ???

picturam verus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I have Street Guardian SG9665GC, SG9665GCv2, and SGGCX2PRO+ dashcams, all as single units (no cams attached to them).
I go through power cords about each year - vibration, heat, product self-destruct, etc.

The Viofo D2000 and D3000 power adapters look very well made and since they are separate cable and adapter, I think they might be less expensive to replace if the cord breaks, but the adapter is still good.

Can I use either of these Viofo units to power my Street Guardian cams ???

TIA

Obviously you need to make sure the power connector on the dashcam end of the cable is compatible.
Just being USB Mini connectors is not enough, there are 5 pin and 10 pin versions of USB Mini connectors, and I suspect SG dashcams all use 5 pin? while many Viofo dashcams use 10 pin?

I suspect the D2000 is 5 pin and compatible with SG dashcams, while the D3000 is 10 pin and not compatible, but I'm not sure...

Hopefully now I've pointed out the issue, someone will give the right answer!
Otherwise you could try asking @VIOFO-Support

I'm sure both adaptors have enough power and the correct voltage, they are quite likely the same other than the connector on the cable, and they do seem to be well made and reliable, we don't hear of many failures.

Obviously you need to make sure the power connector on the dashcam end of the cable is compatible.
Just being USB Mini connectors is not enough, there are 5 pin and 10 pin versions of USB Mini connectors, and I suspect SG dashcams all use 5 pin? while many Viofo dashcams use 10 pin?

I suspect the D2000 is 5 pin and compatible with SG dashcams, while the D3000 is 10 pin and not compatible, but I'm not sure...

Hopefully now I've pointed out the issue, someone will give the right answer!
Otherwise you could try asking @VIOFO-Support

I'm sure both adaptors have enough power and the correct voltage, they are quite likely the same other than the connector on the cable, and they do seem to be well made and reliable, we don't hear of many failures.
Both of them are 5-pin.

Hello,

I have Street Guardian SG9665GC, SG9665GCv2, and SGGCX2PRO+ dashcams, all as single units (no cams attached to them).
I go through power cords about each year - vibration, heat, product self-destruct, etc.

The Viofo D2000 and D3000 power adapters look very well made and since they are separate cable and adapter, I think they might be less expensive to replace if the cord breaks, but the adapter is still good.

Can I use either of these Viofo units to power my Street Guardian cams ???

TIA
They will work . I had my Street guardian dash cam hardwired . It started playing up , so I just bought an A229 plus and am using the same setup with the SG wiring. I also am obviously using an adapter to usb C atm. Just waiting for viofo to get more stock of the HK4 wiring kit and fuse tap.

I have run almost every SG camera i have tested off USB chargers in my car, in the old days i use to test that too as many would want to have more ports in their car to do more than just run 1 dashcam.
I still have 10 USB ports in my glove box, ranging from 2 A to 2.4 A

Lately though i have not used those much, CUZ now i often get a hard wire kit with a test camera, and so i must test that too, and hard wire leave your in dash socket for other stuff.

I have also used a remote GPS antenna from a blueskysea camera on a SG camera with success.

Thanks guys for all the info.
It seems like the D3000 kits should work for my Street Guardian cams.
It also seems like the D3000 kits supercede the D2000 kits for the older Viofo units too, if I am understanding correctly.

Just to help clarify connectors for anyone else reading this, here are some images from the web of USB connectors and pinouts.

USB_Connectors.png

The older dashcams seem to use the USB Mini B plug and some of the newest ones use a USB C.

USB_Pinouts.png

USB_Mini_B_Pinouts.png

USB_C_Pinouts.png

Hope this adds more clarity and not more confusion.

Cheers !

Hope this adds more clarity and not more confusion.

Cheers !
Thankfully everyone has now moved to USB-C for new devices, even Apple iPhones thanks to the EU, so we are now trying to forget about all those other confusing versions. :cool:

Back