Constant nag banner

Kremmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x Viofo A119 V3
Every time I change pages or refresh the browser I get a "DashcamTalk would like your permission to enable push notifications"

I press the X but it comes straight back next time.

How can I disable this ?

Under 'Your Account|Preferences' there should be an option to turn off push notifications.

Last edited:
As far as I can see they are not turned on, which is why I'm getting nagged to do so ?

I have gotten this a few times too, but at the bottom of the screen i dont really see it, CUZ i just noticed it was there again. ( maybe due to me being on a huge 1440p 32" screen )
I just can not deal with notifications, hell i can barely deal with the rare times i get a TXT or a phone call, and that happen less than 5 times a week.

For the social media whores that get affraid when their phone dont go bing - bong every 2 seconds it might be popular, but i consider myself a mostly sane person.

I think that nag comes up if you clear your cookies. If you are using Firefox and set it to clear cookies when you leave, it will cause that behavior. Will see if it can be disabled.

Thanks

I did recently clear my cookies but it was happening before that.

I keep getting the notification banner every couple days too, even after telling it not to display again and without clearing any cookies.

If you are using Firefox you can turn off push notification requests.

Go to "Firefox" - "Preferences"

Click "Privacy & Security"

Scroll to "Permissions"

Click the "Settings" button next to "Notifications"

Check the box that says "Block new requests asking to allow notifications"

Click "Save Changes"

permissions.jpg
notifications.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using Opera on my tablet

Must check if that has similar .....

Yeah, I'm not sure about the other browsers I use periodically. Need to check.

Controls like above are one of the reasons I like using Firefox along with the many plug-ins and extension available for it to enhance privacy and security.

I got all "DM" suggest in firefox, generally i run a tight ship in this regard.

I might have to look over the browser market soon, i seem to recall seeing something about FF not being all that great anymore.

I get it every day too.
I'm using a $100 Google Chromebook. lol
Screenshot 2023-04-07 9.32.34 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-07 9.32.22 AM.png

I'll look closer but I don't want to block all notifications from all websites. Some popups are useful.

I use Opera on Android because I find the speed dial function quick and useful. I do use FF on my PC though. Horses for courses.

I'll look closer but I don't want to block all notifications from all websites. Some popups are useful.

I do use FF on my PC though. Horses for courses.

If you review my earlier post you'll see that in Firefox you can allow designated web sites to request notifications while rejecting others and separately you can block pop-ups while also creating exceptions for web sites where you want to allow pop-ups.
Pop-ups and push notifications are actually two somewhat similar but different things.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip but I do want to keep using Opera on my Android tablet.

Back