Currently working on a Tasker (android app) for Thinkware Connected

an1uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U3000
Currently working on a Tasker App to integrate with Thinkware Connected. It also makes use of the plugins AutoNotification and AutoUi. Tasker, and these plugins, are paid apps - and I have no association other than being a user of them.

If anybody would like me to share progress so far I'm willing to do so, though note that coding would need modification to work on your device.

Also any other ideas on what such an app could potentially do might be useful. Also this is my first Tasker App, so any seasoned Tasker developers might be able to develop it further.

The aims of the app are as follows:

- To only notify on repeated impacts in a short time.
In high sensitivity mode, movement of nearby traffic and extreme weather conditions, can trigger the impact sensor instead of vandalism and actual impacts. In low sensitivity mode, genuine impacts can be missed. Repeated false alarms are annoying and time consuming. I suspect that most genuine incidents of vandalism and actual impacts would result in multiple.

- Prevent notifications when entering and exiting car.
When connected to a bluetooth device in the car, impact notifications are suppressed. Fortunately in my car merely unlocking it brings on a bluetooth device that connects to my phone (AA wireless), making this easy.

- Take a screenshot of latest notification impact messages, crop in, and open the image.

- Automate the process of deleting all the impact notifications in the Thinkware connected app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240414_164628_One UI Home (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_164628_One UI Home (1).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 9
Very interesting. I consider myself intermediate-advanced user.
However, I don't have a cloud dash camera, so I can't use your work;, but I would be interested to see how you are handling things to learn a few tricks here and there.

Back