Dash cam at the time car collision

katiele2020

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I got a car accident, I have tried to view its footages on my laptop, it was not displayed at before and the time of collision. Is cam sensor detected and locked the screen? How can I unlock it?

I opened them from F drive, it shows a list video, the bottom of the list is the most recent videos. I checked them out, it shows partial of the video until my car collision w. other (the one had unsafe change lane), It was not shown the screen I needed most. I think the cam sensor lock it?

Not familiar with your model, check their website for the manual, should be available for download

Google "Falcon Zero Manual"- there's several listings.

There should be an option in the cam menu for viewing files. If you can't find that, go back to your PC and try again, but this time watch as you click 'open' on the drive, and at some point along that process you should see more than one folder listed; the clip you need should be in one of those folders so open each one individually and check.

Just doing a quick look-around online it seems there have been at least a few similar instances with Falcon Zero cams, along with many others reporting unreliable recording in general. Those do not seem to be user-error related, but rather some kind of failure in the cam itself. One widespread issue is the cam losing it's tine setting unless it's got the optional GPS with it. When that happens. files my not be saved correctly so check the time/date stamp and let us know if it's correct.

Phil

I have never heard of a camera hiding event files, i think its fair to day those go in a event or RO folder
The K2S camera i have it sort of do that in the sense you can only see what is events or not on the camera or using the APP for it, nothing like a RO folder in that camera.
But if the event itself are not there it do seem like that / those files must be elsewhere.
Putting them in a hidden folder would be so stupid ( IMO )

Not sure if this do it, but pressing and hold on the mode button when the camera are not recording might make playback appear, to toggle in between the stuff use up / down buttons.

You are so very welcome, let us know how you get on with your event.

Hello EveryOne,

I still figure it out, do not have any solution yet. Do you have any ideas about how to view the locked footage?

Take your memory card to your PC and exp[lore it thoroughly using Windows Explorer. It should have a drive name such as "D" or "E" - different to the drive your computer programmes are stored on.

When you find the drive that is your card, click on it and the folder, and you may have another folder called DCIM or something similar. Look in there.

If you are unsure now, try and ask if a family member or a good friend is confident on computers to locate it for using the above method.

I got one file unable to view. How to view it? I can't attached it. The file is too large

Back