DR770X Won't connect to the cloud

shadowarrior

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello folks,

Got a new car so thought of getting a 770X. I have a 750X Plus on my other car, which had connectivity issues as well, but managed to get it in a sweet spot.

This 770X, just got installed, registered under a new Blackvue account (don't need the cloud features, only want it to connect to the home wifi), added the camera then cloud settings, but it never connects to the cloud and stuck at step 2 of 2. It detects the home wifi, says successfully added to cloud, but has the red exclamation for Cloud settings.

I've repeated the cloud connection setup, I've restarted the device (via app and physically pulling power plug), deleted and added the camera to the account. But still won't connect.

When I try to set up cloud connect, it connects my phone to the camera via wifi direct, then asks me to select the hotspot, then says everything is saved, goes back to home page, saying it's not connected to cloud.

The main thing I'm trying to do is to connect it to the home wifi network so Blackvue Downloader can detect the camera and download files.

Any help please? Am I doing anything wrong?
They've now removed wifi button... and the 'firmware settings' of the 750 isn't there anymore.

And reward for this year's stupidity goes to me; I forgot I had changed the password to my 2.4Ghz wifi band.......

And reward for this year's stupidity goes to me; I forgot I had changed the password to my 2.4Ghz wifi band.......
So that was the reason? :LOL:

Anyway, the Blackvue wifi implementation is really clumsy. For some reason, the camera needs to be able to ping Google servers AND Blackvue servers. If some of them cannot be pinged, it drops the wifi connection altogether and tries to establish it again from zero. So your downloads get cut off. It would be really nice if they provided an option to keep the wifi connection always on and avoid all this reconnection crap.

Back