DR970X Plus Availability thread

Triggerfish

Reaction score
Country
United States
One week (1-15-24) until the DR970X Plus is commercially available, lets see when they finally pop up for consumer purchase... I'd love to give one a tryout!

Does anyone know of any suppliers that are expecting them to come in stock? I have an immediate need.

Any UK suppliers have this in stock yet?
Not that I've seen. I think I'll pull the trigger to upgrade my 750S if they ever appear. Not even on the Blackvue UK site yet.

They are quoting availability as of End-Feb to Early March, when I called them today

Recently acquired a Blackvue DR970X Plus in Australia, using a shipping redirect service - specifically Forward2Me.

Shipped to Japan, then to Aus. Paid an extra $238AUD for Forward2Me service charge, and import taxes. This was on top of the $779AUD paid to Blackvue for the dashcam.

Potential solution for those who have an immediate need for the dashcams and BlackVue US site does not offer shipping to their country.

Paid an extra $238AUD for Forward2Me service charge, and import taxes. This was on top of the $779AUD paid to Blackvue for the dashcam.
Is the $238 refundable if you return the camera because the lens is out of focus?

@BlackboxMyCar How much is shipping to Australia?

BBMC .png

Last edited:
Nice to see a cloud service

Is the $238 refundable if you return the camera because the lens is out of focus?

How much is shipping to Australia?
We do offer shipping to Australia, but we have to calculate shipping on an order-by-order basis for international orders. Very roughly speaking, it's generally around 50-75$ USD, for a camera, not touching on batteries that are way always difficult to ship. 238$ is definitely rather steep.

They'll need to reach out directly to us for a proper quote.

We do offer shipping to Australia, but we have to calculate shipping on an order-by-order basis for international orders. Very roughly speaking, it's generally around 50-75$ USD, for a camera, not touching on batteries that are way always difficult to ship. 238$ is definitely rather steep.

They'll need to reach out directly to us for a proper quote.
Wish I had known that before I purchased

Where can I get a new front camera mount that will work with this? I do not want/need the longer one that comes in the box.

Is there a difference between 970X and 970X LTE front camera mounts? Will the 970X Plus fit in my current 970X LTE front camera mount?

Where can I get a new front camera mount that will work with this? I do not want/need the longer one that comes in the box.

Is there a difference between 970X and 970X LTE front camera mounts? Will the 970X Plus fit in my current 970X LTE front camera mount?
There is a difference between the 970X and 970X LTE camera mounts. The DR970X (non-LTE) mount uses a 40 tooth/notch adjustment system and it is a different diameter than the LTE version. I show the dimensions in these two pictures.

dr970x_vs_dr970xplus_mounts_dct.png dr970xlte_vs_dr970xlteplus_mounts_dct.png

We have been advised Aus stock will be available from 11th of March

Blackvue.com currently have stock in.
They're also running a special offer for a free CM100LTE module for Cloud access (normally 178.99 dollars, 3 models available; US, Global or Japan).

I'm in UK and have ordered from there.
Blackvue DR970X Plus 2CH with 64GB SD card & CM100LTE Module for 474.99 USD. (£348.09).
Import charges for me were managed by DHL, the courier and cost £78.78 for the UK which gave a total cost of £426.87.
It was despatched from South Korea, and took 5 days for free standard delivery, so don't recommend the express delivery in case you need it urgently.

That is very cheap considering it's the latest 970X Plus 2CH plus an LTE module.
Buying those in the UK would have been £549 + £169 = £718

Here is the link to the offer;

Use "LSEATER10" discount code to reveal 10% Off Sitewide.

Last edited:
Blackvue.com currently have stock in.
They're also running a special offer for a free CM100LTE module for Cloud access (normally 178.99 dollars, 3 models available; US, Global or Japan).

I'm in UK and have ordered from there.
Blackvue DR970X Plus 2CH with 64GB SD card & CM100LTE Module for 474.99 USD. (£348.09).
Import charges for me were managed by DHL, the courier and cost £78.78 for the UK which gave a total cost of £426.87.
It was despatched from South Korea, and took 5 days for free standard delivery, so don't recommend the express delivery in case you need it urgently.

That is very cheap considering it's the latest 970X Plus 2CH plus an LTE module.
Buying those in the UK would have been £549 + £169 = £718

Here is the link to the offer;

Use "LSEATER10" discount code to reveal 10% Off Sitewide.
Have you got it yet?
Are you planning on sticking your own sim in?

Yes I've had it for a week now
I already have a CM100LTE set up from my previous DR900X Plus - so I sold the free CM100LTE module to reduce my outgoing.

The UK version uses a Vodafone data only SIM - 40GB for £4/month.
You can use your own UK data only SIM but you'd need to manually input all their data connection details. The Vodafone ones are preloaded for easy selection.

The DR970X Plus is really good, great picture and connection speeds. The rear camera is also improved.

I've actually just posted my DR970X Plus back to Pittasoft today due to GPS not working (they arranged RMA via DHL all free).
They're sending out a new camera on receipt.

So I would be best to order the mobile module from the uk guys to get the sim (£4 a month is decent) and flog the free one?

Oh also how long did it take to arrive?

Back