Front camera on rear window?

Ghawk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have two Nextbase 312GW dashcam. One of them I hardwired to the front of the car. I was thinking of putting the other one on the rear window and hardwiring to the fuse box in the rear.

Has anyone done this before? Would 2 dashcams cause the battery to go flat, or should I get a dedicated rear window camera?

Thank you

I use two separate dash cams, but usually not parking mode. You have to remember, it's harder to get to the rear camera.

Not a problem when driving, but parking time will be reduced. How much nobody can say exactly, but if you drop parking recording at 12.4V which is a safe level that could be as short as 2-3 hours. Personally I feel a rear cam is worth the trouble for driving protection.

Phil

It is rare i go to my rear camera for footage for my rather mundane youtube uploads, though the 2 times i have been in a accident was both rear endings,
But the first one was +30 years ago, when a video camera was the size of a stinger missile launcher, and last time well due to being a idiot i dident get that on tape though i did have a rear camera.

Dont get me wrong a rear camera are a nice spice, but as long as you have a front camera logging all you do, then you should be good in legal terms.

Aside for a run in with that particular hard ass judge.

Back