G-sensor sensitivity

grombulator

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the sensitivity set to 2 out of 5 for all three directions, and it still seems way too sensitive. My event folder is full of locked files from me going over the smallest of bumps. Is this normal?

I decided I'll return it. I did notice the outer seal of the box was sliced open when I got it, although everything inside looked brand new. Maybe it's related.

That's what I get for ordering it for $70 cheaper on Amazon than on their website, I guess.

I do consequently not use G-sensor while driving, CUZ why would i, the camera record all the time anyway and i can press the event button, and if i get hit and catapulted way down the ravine and the car manage to land and still run / have power on, and no one see that, with a sufficient large memory card i would have to be there unconscious or dead for hours before the event get overwritten.

O i forgot to say, on the cameras i have tried that do not have a OFF option for the G-sensor, well on low it is very rare i get a false event triggered on Danish roads.

I have always seen it as a target to not generate too many false events, i think this date back to the old days where you could literally fill your memory card up with read only files and so not have any room for regular driving footage.

So now just using the event button to share idiot drivers, and me not driving a whole lot ( 15 min daily on average ) And of course using 256 GB memory cards, well in the event folder i can find events going back a very long time, even a year if i have not done the occasional in camera format or changed memory card.

I would try your most insensitive setting on the E3, that should stop your false events, unless i have a very bad grasp on the American roads state,,,, and Granted i have not visited since 1991 and that was sadly only LA

If that finish off your false recordings, you can try with the car idling to slap the windscreen, kick a rim with the sole of your foot to see if that will still trigger alright.
It is extremely rare i have heard of G-sensors not sensitive enough, so you aught to be able to find a setting.
You can also try disabling one of your 3 axis which i think is a option in the E 3, i bet it is one of them that make up the bulk of your false events. ( maybe you can see in the Vantrue player which of the axis it is that spike when you have one of these false events )

Way back in the day with my first 1080p dashcam from the Lukas brand, not even low was enough and it constantly went off, fortunately back then you could enter custom trigger values for all 3 of the axis, and as i recall it was just one of them i had to change a bit to finally get peace.

Mind you a few days later i said " screw it " and just disabled G-sensor.

Yeah, I don't actually see much need for the g-sensor. I just think it could be a sign of other issues as well, that might come up with time, like if it was dropped before I received it. And I want it to last for many years.

I just set all the axes to the lowest setting, I'll see if there are false events.

I used to have a Viofo, and on medium sensitivity, it would only lock videos if I went over pretty intense potholes or similar. With this camera at 2/5 sensitivity, it's locking videos on small, normal bumps in the road that you can barely feel when you go over them.

Yeah, I don't actually see much need for the g-sensor. I just think it could be a sign of other issues as well, that might come up with time, like if it was dropped before I received it. And I want it to last for many years.

I just set all the axes to the lowest setting, I'll see if there are false events.
You need to contact support. Perhaps in the next update they will change the sensitivity. The N4 Pro G-sensor is also very sensitive. I turned it off.
I used to have a Viofo, and on medium sensitivity, it would only lock videos if I went over pretty intense potholes or similar. With this camera at 2/5 sensitivity, it's locking videos on small, normal bumps in the road that you can barely feel when you go over them.
I am familiar with Viofo products. On different models and even on different firmware, the sensitivity of the G-sensor is different.

Even after setting the lowest sensitivity in all three directions to one, in one day I had five event recordings. Two of them were when my car was literally not moving in a parking lot.

Even after setting the lowest sensitivity in all three directions to one, in one day I had five event recordings. Two of them were when my car was literally not moving in a parking lot.
Get a big memory card and turn off the G-sensors.

Get a big memory card and turn off the G-sensors.
You don't think this is worth returning and replacing? It could be a sign of other issues that could spring up later, I think.

You don't think this is worth returning and replacing? It could be a sign of other issues that could spring up later, I think.
In my experience (but none with Vantrue) both G-sensors and motion detection in dash cams are marginally reliable at best. If it records when it should and video quality is decent I wouldn't bother with returning it since it's likely the replacement would be the same.

I have never had issues with too sensitive G-sensor while using parking guard, it could be due to over here you dont have very many throaty V8 cars going by.
Though some trucks here of the EURO brands are overpowering US trucks, but then these exhaust away from the curb or up..

I would perfer G-sensor while parked to be very sensitive, even if i dont think it can even be set to a level where it could feel door dings of the normal type.

Back