Hardwiring my old battery pack to a new dashcam

alba

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hi everyone,

I replaced my daily car and took off my Blackvue dr900s and Blackvue b-124x battery pack with me.

I am planning to buy a Viofo A229 pro and install it with the b-124 battery pack.

The Viofo only comes along with the USB cable, will it(and the parking mode) work if I simply connect the A229 pro and B-124x with the USB cable?

Or do I still need to get the Hardwiring Kit for it? Sorry for the newbie questions I asked.

Cheers,
Alba

You will need the matching Viofo hardwire kit to get the parking mode.
Don't know if you also need an adaptor cable for the battery pack? The Viofo hardwire kit needs to be connected into GND, BAT+ and ACC.

As Nigel stated, you will need the VIOFO HK4 hardwire kit to get parking mode to respond to key on/off events (quickly/reliably). The 4-pin connector terminal on the B-124 that currently has a cable connected to it will need to be connected to the 12V side of the HK4. The cable that is currently connected to the B-124 will need to be cut so you can splice it together with the 12V wires from the HK4. Please be aware that the wire colors used by BlackVue (EGEN manufactured) for the output cable are different for the accessory and constant battery power wires.

B-124 Output Cable: Yellow = Constant Battery Power, Red = Accessory, Black = Ground
VIOFO HK4: Red = Constant Battery, Yellow = Accessory, Black = Ground

1714411802474.png1714411826694.png

You will need the matching Viofo hardwire kit to get the parking mode.
Don't know if you also need an adaptor cable for the battery pack? The Viofo hardwire kit needs to be connected into GND, BAT+ and ACC.
Thank you Nigel. When I look into what the Viofo dashcam included, I was really straightforward about the wiring thing.:facepalm:

As Nigel stated, you will need the VIOFO HK4 hardwire kit to get parking mode to respond to key on/off events (quickly/reliably). The 4-pin connector terminal on the B-124 that currently has a cable connected to it will need to be connected to the 12V side of the HK4. The cable that is currently connected to the B-124 will need to be cut so you can splice it together with the 12V wires from the HK4. Please be aware that the wire colors used by BlackVue (EGEN manufactured) for the output cable are different for the accessory and constant battery power wires.

B-124 Output Cable: Yellow = Constant Battery Power, Red = Accessory, Black = Ground
VIOFO HK4: Red = Constant Battery, Yellow = Accessory, Black = Ground

View attachment 72064View attachment 72065
Thank you rcg530. I was really confused with the cable color and have not idea how to plug it into the battery pack. It's really a big help.:joyful:

Back