High Power Consumption

Turbine

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hey
Although i have 2 x A810 setup with UP04 4G hardwire kit, they only last about 18hours with 12V cut off settings in parking mode . I have 60A car battery. Is that normal?
Tried turning off time lapse recording - didn’t help.
Previously i had Viofo A128 Duo with continuous recording and it could last for 2-3 days before reaching 12V limit and stops.

Hey
Although i have 2 x A810 setup with UP04 4G hardwire kit, they only last about 18hours with 12V cut off settings in parking mode . I have 60A car battery. Is that normal?
Tried turning off time lapse recording - didn’t help.
Previously i had Viofo A128 Duo with continuous recording and it could last for 2-3 days before reaching 12V limit and stops.
Did I understand correctly that you have TWO A810 DVRs installed at the same time and they are connected SEPARATELY via UP04?
Motion detection consumes the most current (280 mA). Timelapse and (or) motion detection consume the same (230 mA).

Did I understand correctly that you have TWO A810 DVRs installed at the same time and they are connected SEPARATELY via UP04?
Motion detection consumes the most current (280 mA). Timelapse and (or) motion detection consume the same (230 mA).
Correct :)
So if i leave Timelapse and motion detection it will draw same current ?
I am not sure how much current the Viofo A129 consumed but it last 3-4 times longer

Wait... Why don't you use one A810 with a rear camera instead of two A810s? The timelapse will be available from two cameras. Online via 4G you will also see the image from the rear camera.

Therefore, yes, it is normal that the battery of your car lasts for 18 hours, because you use 2 sets of hardwire kit.

So if i leave Timelapse and motion detection it will draw same current ?
Consumption will be calculated by a larger value, for example:
Only timelapse (or collision detection) - 230mA
Motion detection only - 280mA
Timelapse + Motion detection - 280mA
Timelapse + Collision detection - 230mA

Wait... Why don't you use one A810 with a rear camera instead of two A810s? The timelapse will be available from two cameras. Online via 4G you will also see the image from the rear camera.

Therefore, yes, it is normal that the battery of your car lasts for 18 hours, because you use 2 sets of hardwire kit.

The quality of the rear camera is terrible. Until proper Starvis 2 with LTE will be available- this is my setup

What about Timelapse + motion detection + Collision detection ?

I still not sure what is the best to switch on for best results and maximum security in case of an event while parking

What about Timelapse + motion detection + Collision detection ?
280mA
I still not sure what is the best to switch on for best results and maximum security in case of an event while parking
Timelapse is required, because he will see the event before the impact.
It seems to me the most optimal "Timelapse + collision detection."

280mA

Timelapse is required, because he will see the event before the impact.
It seems to me the most optimal "Timelapse + collision detection."
Although i have an electric car, I think it’s too much 2 kits with 2 UP04 4G modules. It barely lasts 12 hours until the car battery drops to 12v and kills the cameras.
But even with 1 kit - I guess it will go double the time - but that’s not good enough as well..

What current the A810 + the rear camera is taking ?
Wonder how much the UP04 current is taken as well

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A A810 2
Back