History in the making

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Denmark is about to be hit with what appear to be a record storm surge, so some places will see water levels about +2M above the normal high water level.
Not a super big deal though even for a little very flat country, that like most are not really prepared for anything.

But som places will get water, and power might also be lost in some places in the next 24 hours.

Me personally, well all the ice in the world will have to melt before i need to inflate my life raft.

vand.jpg
warning.jpg

Once again some deity try to use water to wash away this little sinful country, i am wondering then the MO change and a iron meteorite are used.

Last edited:
Look at NE Scotland yesterday

They had a serious weather event with 2 months of rain in a day with homes evacuated

Weather on the turn.

I'm not convinced it's all man made. Could just be nature as it's happened before according to scientific research

Yeah, things are changing.
It now seem they have the water level in some places at 2.4 M above normal, well will see later i guess, things are just warming up here.
I am way up in the 2 from the top yellow area in Jutland, so just wind, mind you i am forced to take a drive and it is thru wooded areas.

Could just be nature as it's happened before according to scientific research
There is a difference now though...

The modern trains that have electronic everything stopped running:

While the historical trains running on the same piece of track kept calm and carried on:

Looks like even Royal Scot has electronic LED headlamps these days though!

I'm not convinced it's all man made. Could just be nature as it's happened before according to scientific research

Global Time Machine

Last edited:
We better not get on with that climate thing again. ;)

Some supply companies here have announced that people in some areas will have to be without power from 1 this afternoon and at least 24 hours.
TBH i am surprised that this is even a thing in a developed country like this one pretend to be, sure i can cope with a sub section of a town, say on the harbour get closed off / taken out, but whole neighbourhoods sound a bit much to me.

Funny fact the port of Esbjerg on the west coast of Jutland are today reporting water levels 2.7 M below the normal.

PIC from leisure port, Esbjerg is a big port, and important, NATO port too, and all the offshore green and not at all green stuff, so have a deep port too.

17a29603-cddb-4f16-9cf2-e6d76fdce8ba

Several smaller ferry routes have sent empty ferries out to sea to ride off the storm there, as being tied up in port with this high wind and water level can damage ferries and the port structures.

The first towns have also passed the 100 year event mark, so they are now breaking trails with extreme weather.

Last edited:
Flensborg now Germany ( just at the border ) are also hit, absolutely nothing is done there but a warning on facebook have been made from official side.

I bet those bastards again wish they did not voted yes to Denmark instead of Germany that later gave them so much grief.

Flensborg.jpg

Some ports, you better be careful where you wade, CUZ one place you be knee deep in water, but walk off the pier edge or mooring facilities and you will be in meters deep cold water.

Here the port in the town of Haderslev.
People checking boat lines, CUZ too tight and all hell can break loose with damaged boats and facilities.
Haderslev.jpg

Several smaller ferry routes have sent empty ferries out to sea to ride off the storm there, as being tied up in port with this high water level can damage ferries and the port structures.
Is that why we are having to rescue Danish boats?

The Lerwick lifeboat is back in port after the 18-hour rescue mission of a trawler in the North Sea in "atrocious" weather conditions.

The Westbank was around 60 miles to the east of Shetland yesterday when it lost engine power and began taking on water.

The lifeboat took the Danish vessel under tow and arrived in Lerwick at around 07:00.

No that's probably just leisure sailors that got caught up, maybe a engine failure to top off the misery.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
A guy i once sailed with, was out of England with a smaller boat with the open deck filled of land rovers, all of course tied down by the book, but they all ended up on the botton of the Bay of Biscay as that is a place that in the right circumstances can aggravate weather.

It seem to have peaked here, in one town though they got a scare, a lock gate broke and so at one time they sounded the airraid siren, something you only hear on the first Wednesday of May when they are tested nationwide.

Back