How do I reset the WiFi password back to default on the A139 Pro?

SkyeHack

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried changing the password to a new password from 12345678 but my new password didn’t work. How do I go back to default? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The reset button would likely set everything back to default.
It's located on the side of the front camera unit, next to the microphone port. Need something really small to push it.

You need to default the settings through the cameras menu. The reset button on the side of the camera only power cycles the camera.

Since you can't access the menu without WiFi, you'll need to reload/update the firmware.

Last edited:
The user manual shows that pressing "Video Protect" and the "Wi-Fi" buttons together should cause the A139 Pro to revert to the default settings.

1679709891293.png

I've tried both holding both buttons and loading firmware, neither has reset my ssid/pass to default. Has anyone actually done this before?

I've tried both holding both buttons and loading firmware, neither has reset my ssid/pass to default. Has anyone actually done this before?
Did you hold both buttons while it wasn’t recording?

Yep. Long pressed buttons (got the tone). Loaded 2 different .bins. Held reset pin switch in.

I had a problem connecting to the camera after switching to 5GHz. I used a paper clip to reset the camera using the hole on the side and it reset everything including the WiFi back to 2.4GHz.

Easy fix for the A139 Pro WiFi password reset:

•Power up camera.
•Stop recording (hold REC button).
•Hold the yellow triangle + WiFi button
•You should see all four lights flash.
•Password is now 12345678.

Easy fix for the A139 Pro WiFi password reset:

•Power up camera.
•Stop recording (hold REC button).
•Hold the yellow triangle + WiFi button
•You should see all four lights flash.
•Password is now 12345678.

Consider reading the other post before posting your solution.
Why, because it has already been stated here..... lol

The user manual shows that pressing "Video Protect" and the "Wi-Fi" buttons together should cause the A139 Pro to revert to the default settings.

View attachment 64562

If you have first hand experience then share it but it doesn't help just to repeat what the manual might say. Things get changed on models with firmware updates.

Oh welcome to the forum too.

Back