LTE Connectivity Module

Karagandinez

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue
Information has appeared on the Internet about the LTE Connectivity Module released by Vantrue.

Looks interesting and a nice solution. Wonder what the compatibility is like, assuming it should support their most recent dashcams that run USB-c (S1 Pro shown in diagrams)

Also curious as to how the cloud folders stuff will work too ...

Glad to see Cloud.

Glad to see Cloud.
I wonder if this will force other companies to go the cloud route, if the price point is trickling down now etc

VIOFO should. I'd love to make it for them but I doubt it would be financially viable.

Where did you get those materials? :oops: I'm just asking out of curiosity

To my fellows who are concerned, the Vantrue LTE Box's original price would be $129.99 in the US!

I know the Vantrue LTE box might be "special" but here is a box that might also work and it cost $129 AU!
TP-Link M7350 mobile wireless router
1713859921893.png
Amazon AU TP-Link M7350

I know the Vantrue LTE box might be "special" but here is a box that might also work and it costs $129 AU!
TP-Link M7350 mobile wireless router
View attachment 71988
Amazon AU TP-Link M7350
I just checked out the product. This model's Wi-Fi frequency is 2.4GHz. The other model that supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz costs 220 AUD if I'm not mistaken. The Vantrue LTE Box supports both Wi-Fi frequencies.

This might make Vantrue the third company with cloud dashcams right? Blackvue, 70mai and soon Vantrue? Excluding the dashcams that aren't really for public sale like Verizon's cryptic offering.

The other model that supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz costs 220 AUD if I'm not mistaken. The Vantrue LTE Box supports both Wi-Fi frequencies.

Your reply means the LT01 will have 5GHz and with xfer rate around 867 Mbps (86MBs approx)?
Ok makes sense to use 5GHz wifi.
I couldn't find detailed specs of the Vantrue LT01 box

This unit below has a similar price point to the LT01 but it is at full retail not
based on quantity purchase that Vantrue can do.

I don't think Vantrue will offer a unit like the TP-Link M7450, a 300 Mbps LTE-Advanced
Mobile Wi-Fi, which is similar in price to the LT01.
This is likely because it would be excessive for its intended use.
If the LT01 has all the features as the M7450 then it would be a good price.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. Hopefully we won't be locked to a Vantrue cloud
and will have options. (Thinking of another company here)

1713927088748.png

Send one over! lol jk ;)

Interested to see feedbacks from fellow members to see how this all works out and what the battery draw might be compared the one without. I don't have those equipments to test battery draw.

Some questions I have... Is it really only locked down to a specific carrier list? Can one not use Mint Mobile (MVNO of T-Mobile) or other smaller MVNOs? How much data does it use?

Back