LUKAS LK-9750 UNABLE TO VIEW VIDEOS ON MAC

wkeith01

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I am new to this forum and I unfortunately own the above dash cam, I say unfortunately because, I have owned it for about 12 months or more and it has worked perfectly, until I had it fitted in my new car. After collecting the car with dash cam fitted I went home and looked on TTWs website, TTW is the company I bought the camera from in the UK. Under software updates on their website, I saw there was an update for the firmware and a new viewer. I updated the firmware on the camera and installed the new viewer onto my MAC. This was a big mistake, as now the camera is recording as it should but I can no longer view any recordings, as soon as I open a recording in the 9x50 viewer it crashes immediately. I have contacted TTW around six times about this and, they just keep sending the same link to me for the software that does not work, I rang them yesterday and the tech dept of TTW refused to talk to me, but, the receptionist fobbed me off with: "Lukas are bring out a firmware update to cure this problem" funny I said to her, that Lukas is doing this because according to your own tech dept, I am the only person to have this problem. I feel Lukas must be the best company ever if they do a software update for a complaint made by only one person worldwide?????

I would have thought at a camera cost for the 9750 duo of £349 Lukas and TTW would and should be more helpful after all it is a software problem brought about by the manufacturer? and should be sorted.

Multiple choice question.

What is worse:
To have an accident and have no dash cam?
To have an accident and have a dash cam but it does not work?
To have a dash cam that works but you can not view the videos?

Answer all answers are the same....no use at all. £349 wasted.

Does any body else have this problem being unable to view videos on a mac because the viewer keeps crashing

To be honest i never used the Lukas viewer for mt camera back then, i just used the player in windows back then, and now i use registrator viewer which i allso think support the lukas cameras.

Have you tried a older viewer.

But in general i dont need the info the viewers provide, i am well avere of where i am driving in the clip and the speed is stamped on top of the video.

To just view the footage i think you can use any software that support the file format, offcourse that will just give you the video and the information stamped in it, the fancy smancy G-sensor graphs and what not will not be there.

Welcome to DCT forum !

Try deleting new MAC viewer and installing an old one, see if new Lukas dascham firmware works with old Mac viewer. If not then downgrade your Lukas firmware also to the older ( previous ) till manufacturer finds solution.

Hi All, I am new to this forum and I unfortunately own the above dash cam, I say unfortunately because, I have owned it for about 12 months or more and it has worked perfectly, until I had it fitted in my new car. After collecting the car with dash cam fitted I went home and looked on TTWs website, TTW is the company I bought the camera from in the UK. Under software updates on their website, I saw there was an update for the firmware and a new viewer. I updated the firmware on the camera and installed the new viewer onto my MAC. This was a big mistake, as now the camera is recording as it should but I can no longer view any recordings, as soon as I open a recording in the 9x50 viewer it crashes immediately. I have contacted TTW around six times about this and, they just keep sending the same link to me for the software that does not work, I rang them yesterday and the tech dept of TTW refused to talk to me, but, the receptionist fobbed me off with: "Lukas are bring out a firmware update to cure this problem" funny I said to her, that Lukas is doing this because according to your own tech dept, I am the only person to have this problem. I feel Lukas must be the best company ever if they do a software update for a complaint made by only one person worldwide?????

I would have thought at a camera cost for the 9750 duo of £349 Lukas and TTW would and should be more helpful after all it is a software problem brought about by the manufacturer? and should be sorted.

Multiple choice question.

What is worse:
To have an accident and have no dash cam?
To have an accident and have a dash cam but it does not work?
To have a dash cam that works but you can not view the videos?

Answer all answers are the same....no use at all. £349 wasted.

Does any body else have this problem being unable to view videos on a mac because the viewer keeps crashing

Don't use the Mac Lukas viewer until the software is updated.
Download perian to convert the videos, download VLC to watch the videos.

https://www.perian.org Download Perian 1.2.3 Now!
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

I had this problem for the Mac Qvia R975 viewer and got it to work by opening terminal and running the command:

/Applications/R975\ WD.app/Contents/MacOS/*

Note that you'll have to change the name of the bold section to the name of your specific model of camera (which should also be the name of the program on the computer) and make sure to include a \ character before any spaces in the app name as I did above.

Hope this helps!

Back