Mounting Options for RHD cars / lens near centre of car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question with regards to mounting options / lens position for RHD cars.

In every photo I've seen, the lens on the barrel is on the left hand side. This is great for LHD cars as the lens can be positioned almost centre of the windscreen to the right of the rear view mirror but for RHD cars it would be even more offset to the left.

Can the barrel be rotated in the mount so the lens is near the centre of the windscreen if mounted to the left of the rear view mirror?

Hope this makes sense? :giggle:

Just a quick question with regards to mounting options / lens position for RHD cars.

In every photo I've seen, the lens on the barrel is on the left hand side. This is great for LHD cars as the lens can be positioned almost centre of the windscreen to the right of the rear view mirror but for RHD cars it would be even more offset to the left.

Can the barrel be rotated in the mount so the lens is near the centre of the windscreen if mounted to the left of the rear view mirror?

A viofo T130 works either way.
Also any of there A129,229 lens in centre mounted perfect fit lhd or rhs.

Vantrue also has some centre mounted lens cameras.

Having the lens closer to the driver's point of view than the centre can be an advantage, the footage better matches what the driver saw instead of sometimes looking like the driver should have seen something sooner than they could. Also avoids getting the mirror/sensor panel in the image.

Perhaps, but I prefer the lens as close to the centre of the windscreen as possible

Thanks, but I'm asking about Blackvue cameras
With the Viofo cameras that have a lens at one end, except the A139, you just turn them upside down, then the lens is at the other end.
(I've no idea if the same can be done with Blackvue, or what the answer to your original question is.)

You can rotate a BlackVue front dash camera in the windshield mount so that you can place the lens on the right side (facing forward). In the firmware settings, there are two settings for the camera orientation (one for the front and one for the rear). I just ran a test with a DR900X-2CH Plus changing the "Front camera rotation" to "On" and the video was correctly oriented when the front camera lens was on the right side facing forward. The windshield mount allows the camera to be rotated a full 360 degrees which allows you to place the front camera lens on the left side or the right side facing forward. With the front camera lens on the right side, the writing on the front camera case will be upside down, but it's still functional in that orientation.

1693810202574.png

You can rotate a BlackVue front dash camera in the windshield mount so that you can place the lens on the right side (facing forward). In the firmware settings, there are two settings for the camera orientation (one for the front and one for the rear). I just ran a test with a DR900X-2CH Plus changing the "Front camera rotation" to "On" and the video was correctly oriented when the front camera lens was on the right side facing forward. The windshield mount allows the camera to be rotated a full 360 degrees which allows you to place the front camera lens on the left side or the right side facing forward. With the front camera lens on the right side, the writing on the front camera case will be upside down, but it's still functional in that orientation.

View attachment 67237
Thank you for answering my question. :D

i have the blackvue dr750x plus and its mounted in a uk rhd merc to the left of the rear view mirror shroud, i then discovered you can spin the whole camera 180 degrees then rotate the lens if that makes sense, next one i buy i will prob just mount below the rear view mirror or on the drivers side of the rear view mirror

Back