Newbie question - why multiple videos a few seconds apart?

Beemer2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a MioFive Dual dashcam with only the front in use. After calibration I went for a 1 mile run and on return I find that it has recorded 74 videos of the same journey each just seconds apart. What might have caused this?

Update - Sorry I now see that only 18 videos are mine. The remainder are videos MioFive supplied with the unit. That said why are there 18 videos when I made only one journey and never stopped until I returned home?

Update - Sorry I now see that only 18 videos are mine. The remainder are videos MioFive supplied with the unit. That said why are there 18 videos when I made only one journey and never stopped until I returned home?
It is fairly normal for dashcams to record one file per minute, so if you were running rather slowly then it would be possible!

My guess is that it is experiencing some sort of error, maybe it needs the rear camera, maybe it doesn't like the memory card.

Your dashcam is not a model or brand that is well known around here, so you may not get much help. The more information you give, the more likely someone will work out the problem and answer.

It is fairly normal for dashcams to record one file per minute, so if you were running rather slowly then it would be possible!

My guess is that it is experiencing some sort of error, maybe it needs the rear camera, maybe it doesn't like the memory card.

Your dashcam is not a model or brand that is well known around here, so you may not get much help. The more information you give, the more likely someone will work out the problem and answer.
Specification for my Miofive 4K Dual is below. There is no memory card in the design. I don't understand your acceptance that multiple files of 60 seconds might be normal. I'm thinking that the Gforce sensor is operating even on a straight and level road. I'll disable it to see if I get continuous recording. Apart from this issue the unit and its app are working to my satisfaction. The price was £249.

Front and Rear Dash Camera, 4K + 2K Dual Dash Cam with 5G Wifi, GPS, Speed, 3840 UHD Recorder, Built-In 128G eMMC Storage, Night Vision, Motion Detection, G Sensor Powered by Super Capacitor

I started to test/review the MIOFIVE Dash Cam Dual over a year ago. I ran into several issues with the product (dropped video frames, hyper-sensitive impact detection in normal recording mode, super slow response time to impacts in parking mode). My review/test thread is located here:

The 1-channel unit is sold with a 64 GB eMMC internal drive and the 2-channel unit is sold with a 128 GB eMMC internal drive. Make sure the firmware is updated to the latest possible version to help avoid having an excessive amount of normal mode recording impact events (which may be the reason for the large number of files). The other glaring problem was that it would take 10 seconds for the front camera to start recording and the rear camera 16 seconds to start recording when handling an impact event in its low power consumption parking mode.

In April 2023, I suspended my review because MIOFIVE was not making any progress on resolving the dropped frame problem. MIOFIVE also stopped responding to my occasional emails asking for a status update.

I started to test/review the MIOFIVE Dash Cam Dual over a year ago.
I was going to tell OP most of what you said, but I figured it best “come from the horses mouth” (if Nigel says this saying has British Naval origin I’ll need a drink).
So I was going to just tag you, but then I wanted to see if you would come through on your own.
You did not disappoint.

(if Nigel says this saying has British Naval origin I’ll need a drink).
No, nothing naval about horses, and not a particularly interesting saying.

Simply that the horses mouth is a reliable source of information on its health, a useful place to check if you are buying a horse, or betting on a horse race, but you should never look a gift horse in the mouth, apparently its health doesn't matter if it is a gift, and it would be rude to check!

Back