Omni 360 with 4G hardwire Kit

kevlah2k15

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently brought the Omni 360 with 4G Hardwire Kit and got a audio and electrical technician to install this into the fuse box for me, Everything works as it should like the dash cam turns on when power is turned on in the car and then turns off when the electrics are turned off and same for when the engine is runnning, however parking survalience mode isn't working for me and these are the steps taken to troubleshoot....

1) Reset device to facory
2) Connect to different fuses
3) Cleared cache on the app and redownloaded it
4) Checked voltage (all acting normal)

I have a brand new citreon C5 Aircross and the only thing i can think of preventing it working correctly could be the fact that the car always says when turning on the engine exiting economy mode now maybe that has something to do with this but ive had the car about two weeks driven 200 miles and this is a message i see daily, i have reported it now to the dealer to see if something can be done as i feel something isn't right here.

if someone with some know how can help id appricate it

the car always says when turning on the engine exiting economy mode now
Might be because the battery needs recharging after the dashcam has used some of the power? Did it do that before the dashcam was installed?

however parking survalience mode isn't working for me
Have you turned it on in the phone App?
How do you know that it isn't working? (Might seem a silly question, but you might be expecting something other than what it is supposed to do...)

Hi Nigel
Might be because the battery needs recharging after the dashcam has used some of the power? Did it do that before the dashcam was installed?

Have you turned it on in the phone App?
How do you know that it isn't working? (Might seem a silly question, but you might be expecting something other than what it is supposed to do...)
thanks for the reply.

With regards to section 1 of your reply, It done this even prior to the dashcam being installed.

For the 2nd point, i have turned it on in the app and i know its not working as ive stood infront of the camera tapping my windshield with nothing being captured along with fact when i turn the car and power off the in the car it does the power down tone and turns off completely. ive heard it should mention it going into parking surtvilence mode but i have nothing! Along with this me tapping on the screen it should of triggered and i was infront of the camera for a solid 5 minutes with nothing, but also the 4G hub compeltely turns off with no flashing lights nothing as if its been disconnected

but also the 4G hub compeltely turns off with no flashing lights nothing as if its been disconnected
In that case it probably has been disconnected.

I don't have the 4G hub, but I expect it is the same as the standard hardwire kit and has three wires to connect, GND (0V), +V and ACC. It sounds like your +V is being turned off when it should be connected to permanently on power, while the ACC should be switched with the ignition. Pretty simple, but a lot of people get it wrong by connecting to the wrong place. Maybe they didn't remove the key so thought something that turns off when the key is removed was permanent power.

Your "audio and electrical technician" should have understood what to do, but maybe he got it wrong for some reason, I suggest you take it back and explain the problem.

ive heard it should mention it going into parking surtvilence mode but i have nothing!
Yes, it will tell you, as long as you have the voice on and have the parking mode turned on, it is hard to miss the message.

i know its not working as ive stood infront of the camera tapping my windshield with nothing being captured
That bit doesn't work all that well, especially standing in front of it, but I do find that it reliably detects me shutting a door, and it will also announce, with an unreasonably long message, that events have been detected while parked, when you turn the ignition back on.

If you have the indicator light enabled then you should see it light up after you have stood in front of it for a while, quite a while!

With regards to section 1 of your reply, It done this even prior to the dashcam being installed.
OK, in that case I don't think the car has anything to do with the dashcam parking mode not working, it is just that the 4G Hub isn't connected to the right places.

I don't have the 4G hub, but I expect it is the same as the standard hardwire kit and has three wires to connect, GND (0V), +V and ACC. It sounds like your +V is being turned off when it should be connected to permanently on power, while the ACC should be switched with the ignition. Pretty simple, but a lot of people get it wrong by connecting to the wrong place. Maybe they didn't remove the key so thought something that turns off when the key is removed was permanent power.

Your "audio and electrical technician" should have understood what to do, but maybe he got it wrong for some reason, I suggest you take it back and explain the problem.

Yes, it will tell you, as long as you have the voice on and have the parking mode turned on, it is hard to miss the message.

That bit doesn't work all that well, especially standing in front of it, but I do find that it reliably detects me shutting a door, and it will also announce, with an unreasonably long message, that events have been detected while parked, when you turn the ignition back on.

If you have the indicator light enabled then you should see it light up after you have stood in front of it for a while, quite a while!

OK, in that case I don't think the car has anything to do with the dashcam parking mode not working, it is just that the 4G Hub isn't connected to the right places.
thank you for your knowladge on this matter i really appricate it!

with regards to it being connected to the perement live does this cause battery drain or is it a case it consumes small amount of power untill its woken kind of senario

lastly would economy mode effect this kicking into parking survalience mode at all? as a brand new car from factory i would expect the battery to run normal and not have this issue if im honest

lastly would economy mode effect this kicking into parking survalience mode at all? as a brand new car from factory i would expect the battery to run normal and not have this issue if im honest
I don't know what economy mode is, but the camera is a simple on/off type of device, there is no way for the car to affect it other than turning the power off, and if it has been connected to a permanent on fuse then the car shouldn't be able to turn it off.

with regards to it being connected to the perement live does this cause battery drain or is it a case it consumes small amount of power untill its woken kind of senario
It will consume a small amount of power, unless you unplug the power cable, and I assume the 4G module would still use a little power.
If you enable the motion detection in parking mode then it uses rather more power and will probably drain the battery over a a weekend, or less with a small battery. Unless you think you need the motion detection then I suggest turning that off; if the car is hit then it will still record a 360 degree video clip and the battery should last several days.

The 4G module will have a low voltage cutoff so that it doesn't completely drain the battery. Your car's Stop-Start will then probably be disabled until the battery has recharged, assuming you have Stop-Start. I don't know if that is connected with economy mode.

Out of interest, can I ask why you chose the Omni? Was it for the parking coverage?

I don't know what economy mode is, but the camera is a simple on/off type of device, there is no way for the car to affect it other than turning the power off, and if it has been connected to a permanent on fuse then the car shouldn't be able to turn it off.

It will consume a small amount of power, unless you unplug the power cable, and I assume the 4G module would still use a little power.
If you enable the motion detection in parking mode then it uses rather more power and will probably drain the battery over a a weekend, or less with a small battery. Unless you think you need the motion detection then I suggest turning that off; if the car is hit then it will still record a 360 degree video clip and the battery should last several days.

The 4G module will have a low voltage cutoff so that it doesn't completely drain the battery. Your car's Stop-Start will then probably be disabled until the battery has recharged, assuming you have Stop-Start. I don't know if that is connected with economy mode.

Out of interest, can I ask why you chose the Omni? Was it for the parking coverage?
Your detailed reply is much appreciated, as for why I choose this one it was because the parking coverage however the common theme here seems that's it's better for my battery to not have that option enabled. It's a brand new car and I have how can I say .... Less then nice neighbours who at any opportunity may key my car and last time they did I didn't have them bang to rights on it so if they do it again I want to have them for it.

I feel the economy mode is causing it to shut off as the battery threshold has been met on the power drain so it's not the end of the world I guess.

If I want the dashcams simple on off when the car is on I guess I turn parking surveillance mode off and then I'm good to go.

Your detailed reply is much appreciated, as for why I choose this one it was because the parking coverage however the common theme here seems that's it's better for my battery to not have that option enabled. It's a brand new car and I have how can I say .... Less then nice neighbours who at any opportunity may key my car and last time they did I didn't have them bang to rights on it so if they do it again I want to have them for it.
Watching the marketing, it appears a good choice for issues with car keying, but in my experience the motion detection and people tracking feature does not currently work for car keying, it is only good for kids playing football in front of your car. Hopefully there will firmware update improving it at some point. It is good at collision detection though, just shutting a door will make it spin around and record what is happening, so while it is better for you battery to turn the almost useless motion detection off, I would leave the parking mode on, it uses half the power if you turn the motion detection off but leave the rest of parking mode on. I doubt the collision detection is going to detect keying, but you could try it on max sensitivity.

Overall I quite like the Omni, not quite as useful as the marketing suggests, but a nice dashcam, and if you want a 360 degree parking mode, it uses far less battery than the alternatives which are 3 or 4 channel dashcams.

Hello,
Your issue sounds like a power source issue. When you have your car turned off, what's the color of the status light on the 4G module? Does it stay green?

Hello,
Your issue sounds like a power source issue. When you have your car turned off, what's the color of the status light on the 4G module? Does it stay green?
Hello,
Are you a representative from a manufacturer, or retailer?
-Chuck

Back