Parking Mode Activated

AJVB

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750X Plus (2CH)
I currently have my blackvue dash cam hardwired and it goes into parking mode when my car is turned off, or it'll also go into parking mode if I am idling in my car for 5 minutes or more. Is there a way for me to turn off the 5 minute timer and just have parking mode activate only when I turn off the car?

I currently have my blackvue dash cam hardwired and it goes into parking mode when my car is turned off, or it'll also go into parking mode if I am idling in my car for 5 minutes or more. Is there a way for me to turn off the 5 minute timer and just have parking mode activate only when I turn off the car?
Unfortunately, you cannot make a BlackVue dash camera only go into parking mode when you turn off the accessory power to the dash camera (turn off the car). I've been asking/pestering Pittasoft to add a firmware setting to disable the motion based parking mode entry/exit if you have it wired with the 3-wire hardwiring cable. So far, they have not implemented that suggestion.

I currently have the B130x installed with my camera plugged in via the cigarette port adapter. Right now parking mode only activates after five minutes of no activity. I want to make the move back to parking mode activating on ignition off. This requires me splicing the hardwiring cables together. Can I get away with just crimping them (with the blue plastic tube cover)? Or do I actually have to solder them together?

I prefer to solder those wires together. If you decide to use a butt crimp butt connector, please use a red crimp butt connector since that is intended for 16-to-22 AWG wire while the blue butt crimp connector is intended for 14-to-16 AWG wire. You should be able to tug on both wires without them pulling out of the butt connector.

I do not know anything about soldering. So I feel much more comfortable with the crimping. Thanks! This was a lot less complicated than I thought it was going to be.

Back