Possible Way To Use Redarc BCDC1225D In Vehicle Charger With B-124x Dashcam Battery?

shalamigri

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a B-124x setup sitting collecting dust and wanted to try to put it to use.

I'll be installing the BCDC1225D in my vehicle. I was running the dashcam battery setup in my vehicle to power my dashcams, but it didn't work for me. My daily commute wasn't long enough to charge the batteries enough so I had to opt for another solution.

I now power my dashcams with an AGM battery. I'm currently just using a smart isolator to keep the battery charged while driving, but I recently opted for to use the BCDC1225D charger which I hear is a lot better for my setup because my vehicle has a smart alternator.

The BCDC1225D has an option to charge my AGM from a solar panel setup. I don't have a solar panel, but was wondering if it's possible to connect the output from my dashcam batteries to the yellow solar panel wire on the BCDC1225D. The dashcam batteries are lithium based, tucked away in my center console and get charged from a cigarette lighter connection when the vehicle is running.

I was just trying to get some use out of those batteries because they're just sitting collection dust right now.

Back