S1 Pro Front / RC04 Rear - Firmware Updates

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
I thought I would start a Vantrue S1 Pro Front Camera / RC04 Rear Camera firmware update thread.

On 26-Oct-2023, Vantrue released firmware updates for several other Vantrue dash cameras. I thought I would check for updates for the S1 Pro and RC04 rear camera. The RC04 rear camera does have an update page on the Vantrue website, but the S1 Pro does not have a firmware update page (yet).

In my testing of the Vantrue Android app (v1.0.32), it does not detect firmware updates for this dash camera (front or rear). I would advise you to use the iOS version of the Vantrue app (v1.0.18 or later) until the Android version of the app has been updated. There are other odd behaviors within the Android version of the Vantrue app that make it an unstable choice to use with any Vantrue dash camera (for now).

As of 26-Oct-2023, the latest firmware versions for the S1 Pro and RC04 rear camera are:

S1 Pro Front: ECI261
RC04 Rear: ECI251

A couple things I noticed after the firmware updates:
  • Vantrue app 1.0.32 (Android) or 1.0.18 (iOS)
    • New Settings in Setting Menu on the camera
      • System Setup > Time & Date > ST/WT Auto Switch
        • Off
        • United States
      • System Setup > Time & Date > Time Format
        • 24-Hour Time
        • 12-Hour Time
    • These new settings cannot be set by either Vantrue app.
      • The iOS app does not show the new settings
      • The Android app does have entries for the new settings, but they don't work
  • Auto LCD Off
    • In general, the LCD screen seems to be getting turned off per this setting.
    • The LCD screen still remains on for 3-minutes when entering parking mode.
      • This was fixed on the N5 dash camera that I tested, but the S1 Pro still ignores the "Auto LCD Off" setting when entering parking mode.
vantrue_app_s1pro_firmware_update_ios.png s1pro_system_info_after_update.png

Last edited:
This afternoon, I was testing the S1 Pro ECK301 front and RC04 ECK301 rear camera firmware. @Jeff_Vantrue
  • Auto LCD Off = 30 Seconds
    • Normal Recording Mode
      • ECK301 firmware, the LCD screen turns off after the 30-second timeout period
    • Low Bitrate Mode - 1080p 15 fps
      • ECI261 and older firmware version, the LCD turned off after the 30-second timeout period.
      • ECK301 firmware, the LCD screen stays on indefinitely after entering parking mode.

I have the same issue with my LCD :unsure:

Tried each time out settings, but the screen stays on until I say "turn off screen"

We'll fix this problem with our next firmware update

Cool :cool:

Also noticed an issue with the LCD not turning on at all this morning :confused:

Tried restarting multiple times with no luck, but then it just magically turned on about 5 minutes later :unsure:

Happened again tonight

Took about 20 minutes of randomly turning the screen on and off before finally showing a picture on the LCD

Video from both front and rear cameras show up fine in the app though.

Happened again tonight

Took about 20 minutes of randomly turning the screen on and off before finally showing a picture on the LCD

Video from both front and rear cameras show up fine in the app though.
:cry: Seems like a hardware issue. Do you mind contacting our support team for further help? Kindly email us at: support@vantrue.net

:cry: Seems like a hardware issue. Do you mind contacting our support team for further help? Kindly email us at: support@vantrue.net

I've contacted support and we've been going back and forth trying to get to the bottom of my screen issue.

This morning they had me install new firmware (S1P_VT-ECK301) and although it didn't resolve my cold start blank screen issue, I did notice that the auto screen off function now works in all 3 settings.

However, it only works when connected to the app.

If I power it up normally (without app connection), the screen will remain on regardless of timer setting.

A little update on this...

I was mistaken earlier when I thought I had updated my firmware.

Turns out it didn't update at all (doh!!)

Fat32 formatting was not available using the Vantrue sd card, so I had to use an older Samsung 32GB card, which worked fine.

Now that it"s actually updated, the Auto Off screen feature works as it should.

As for the cold start blank screen issue, I'll do more testing as the temps drop.

A little update on this...

I was mistaken earlier when I thought I had updated my firmware.

Turns out it didn't update at all (doh!!)

Fat32 formatting was not available using the Vantrue sd card, so I had to use an older Samsung 32GB card, which worked fine.

Now that it"s actually updated, the Auto Off screen feature works as it should.

As for the cold start blank screen issue, I'll do more testing as the temps drop.
Thank you for your feedback and looking forward to your update about the cold start blank screen issue(y)

How did you update the firmware on this? The app doesn’t do anything in regard to firmware. I am using the iOS version app.

I am still on VT-ECI261

Thanks in advance

We'll fix this problem with our next firmware update
When is the next firmware update for Vantrue S1 Pro going to be released?

I have just recklessly updated my camera to ECK301 firmware and now the parking mode is completely useless for me because the camera completely ignores the Auto LCD Off setting and the screen stays on in the parking mode indefinitely.

Low bitrate parking mode was THE reason I bought this camera, so I am annoyed, to put it mildly.

Is there a workaround for this bug? Or maybe there's a way to DOWNGRADE the firmware back to VT-ECI261?

I have just recklessly updated my camera to ECK301 firmware and now the parking mode is completely useless for me because the camera completely ignores the Auto LCD Off setting and the screen stays on in the parking mode indefinitely.

Low bitrate parking mode was THE reason I bought this camera, so I am annoyed, to put it mildly.

Is there a workaround for this bug? Or maybe there's a way to DOWNGRADE the firmware back to VT-ECI261?
Sorry to hear about the issues you are facing :(

I would imagine an update to fix those issues is in the world, Vantrue have a pretty constant firmware update cadence so it shouldn't be that long. Maybe a few weeks to a month or so, I would predict.

Thanks, so far I have found a workaround: you need to disable Auto LCD Off completely (set it to Off) and then remember to turn off the screen manually or by voice command "Turn off screen". Then the parking mode works correctly.

Anyway, it's still a bug that needs to be fixed.

Thanks, so far I have found a workaround: you need to disable Auto LCD Off completely (set it to Off) and then remember to turn off the screen manually or by voice command "Turn off screen". Then the parking mode works correctly.

Anyway, it's still a bug that needs to be fixed.
Of course, don't worry Vantrue take the bug reports seriously so it will be worked on

Sorry for our late reply. Do you mind sending an email to support@vantrue.net and state the problem you're facing?

Sorry for our late reply. Do you mind sending an email to support@vantrue.net and state the problem you're facing?
Just did it
I have a problem with Vantrue S1 Pro dashcam software version ECK301.

When the "Auto LCD Off" mode is enabled (set to anything other than "Off"), then the LCD screen will stay ON indefinitely when the low bitrate parking mode auto-enables itself after 5 minutes.

Way to reproduce:
1. Make sure that the option "System Setup/Auto LCD Off" is set to anything other than "Off", e. g. "30 seconds".
2. Make sure that the option "Record Setup/Parking Mode" is set to "Low Bitrate Mode", e. g. "1080P/15FPS".
3. Start recording.
4. Notice that the LCD screen will turn off after 30 seconds (or other value set in step 1) - that's correct behaviour.
5. Wait until parking mode will auto-enable itself after 5 minutes. LCD screen will turn on with the parking mode information "1080P 15FPS" or whatever you have chosen in step 2 and stay on indefinitely.

Expected behaviour:
In step 5 the LCD screen should turn off after the time period set in step 1 (or after 3 minutes, whatever).

As a workaround it is possible to set "System Setup/Auto LCD Off" to "Off", and then turn off the LCD screen either manually or by voice command "Turn off screen". In this case the LCD screen will turn off after 3 minutes in step 5, which is correct behaviour.

Back