S1 Pro Unboxing

98 SNAKE EATER

Reaction score
Country
United States
Would like to thank Jeff and Elvis @ VANTRUE for allowing this opportunity to review the S1 Pro

A little unboxing vid:

First impression:

Looks to be a solid unit (heavy)

I like the idea of being able to tuck the camera away high behind the rear view mirror without worry of an interior camera view getting blocked.

This was a big issue with my N5 as I had to mount it low on the windshield to get a proper view all around.

Range of motion of the lens looks good.

Much better than the N5's basic rotation.

I had to settle for the standard universal hardwire kit as the 5 level kit has been on backorder for some time now.

Hoping to get it installed this weekend

The cameras have been mounted and the rear camera cable routed, but have yet to install the hardwire kit (crazy weather here preventing me).

I've been using it with the power port adapter and I must say I'm impressed.

The mount is super solid, the app works as it should and unlike the N5, so far I haven't noticed any false triggers for the voice control.

N5 voice triggers.
I actually managed to trigger my 70mai Omni to take a picture talking gibberish, i was like WTH as it was a "new" sound but then i noticed it was the omni i triggered.

TBH i have not tried to change the N5 to a lower setting for voice i have always used high as lesser at least on the E2 did not work so good.
For sure my N5 dont need any gibberish talking either, i can drive with the car as silent as it can be, and suddenly it do something.

The N5 voice thing though dont bother me so much, i would normally not use such things and have them off.

This onramp never fails to fail lol

Same clip from N5 for comparison

First day after installing the hardwire kit and I get rear ended by some lady who wasn't paying attention :cautious:

Here's footage from the N5 for comparision

Sorry didn’t mean to like you getting rear ended, but that’s why we have them. The witness that doesn’t lie.. hope the damage isn’t too extensive.

Prime driver gets blasted for sticking his nose out

S1 Pro

N5

Back