Single Beep One Time

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Noticed there was a single beep while driving. Looked at the on-board screen but nothing was showing. Any idea what the 1 single beep is during operation?

Noticed there was a single beep while driving. Looked at the on-board screen but nothing was showing. Any idea what the 1 single beep is during operation?
We suspect that the voice control was triggered by mistake which caused this special phenomenon. Please turn off voice control and keep observing if this issue disappears.

We suspect that the voice control was triggered by mistake which caused this special phenomenon. Please turn off voice control and keep observing if this issue disappears.
Thank you. I have disabled voice command. It’s too bad. Using voice to enable and disable wifi is good.

So with Voice Command disabled, the single beep happened again. I happen to be in a parking lot getting ready to leave while inputting google map while I heard the beep. Quickly glanced at the A229 Plus and no message was visible, just a black screen. Any ideas what this could be?

I was able to download the clips from when I heard the single beep. Thinking back now, I am pretty sure I saw the blinking red light after hearing 1 beep. And sure enough, there was a missing video from those clips. So maybe the unit was not recording but I did not hear the on-going beep, just once.

A229 Plus (1 channel) is set to Max bitrate and 1 min recording time. Using a 256GB Sandisk High Endurance card. Could it be that this card is not compatible? Pretty sure I saw other users reporting this to be working properly in the A229 Plus as it's 2K not 4K.

If this is a card issue, then the surprising thing is that the unit did not continuously beep to warn us. It just stopped for 1 min and resumed again after that based on my download clips. Viofo's awesome function where the unit warns you if recording has stopped is a big plus in my opinion. Maybe it needs to also be included when a card is not compatible due to write speeds perhaps? Again, not sure if this is the case so any advice could be much appreciated.

The de-listed card is still showing on parts of the website.
I guess it will take a few days for them to update it.
Thanks for the link.

Screenshot 2024-04-28 4.19.29 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-28 4.18.34 AM.png

So now that the Max Endurance card is installed, I heard the single beep yet again! This time, looks like no missing clips … but after hearing the single beep, I pressed the lock button to keep that clip. The screen activated and there was a message to format the SD card. What in the world. Pretty sure the first I did was format the card once it was installed. Anyone run into this single beep issue? Voice command is off.

Interesting. Noticed when the beep happens, the timestamp jumps from the correct date to 2006 for 5-10 secs. What kind of sorcery is this? So disappointed in this A229 Plus unit after owning 2 versions of the A119. What is going on here?

So this happened yet again. Single beep, date of recorded clip jumped to the year 2000 then unit asked to format the card. This is now using a new Sandisk Max Endurance card. Clearly, this is a defective unit. A few days waiting for support to reply. So frustrating dealing with this...

Back