Strange memory issues

DaveLC2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD LS360W
I have been using the Blueskysea B2K for a couple of months now. I am spoiled with the WiFi. I previously used a Roav A1 also with WiFi. Overall I was pretty happy with that cam except the low light performance was lacking a bit. Also the wider angle also made simply reading license plates. When the memory card got full it would automatically start recording over the oldest files first. It’s my understanding that most dash cams do this. I had a Yi dash cam for a very short while that would start recording over files when the memory cars got a little over half capacity from what I recall. Major deal breaker for me. I previously had DOD cameras which both had great night optics and audio as well as not recording over files until the card was at capacity. This leads me to the B2K. It’s a neat simple little dash cam. I want to like it but the audio is pretty horrible. Not really that big of a deal. What is a big deal is that it seems to start recording over random files that are not the oldest prior to the card is full. Has anyone experienced this? I can deal with the poor audio quality and great night performance. It is not even saving files when they show locked on the display. I am wondering if I need a firmware update or something. The other thing which I’ve learned to work around is that I have to manually turn it off so the file is not corrupted being I don’t have it hard wired. I use it in multiple vehicles. This hasn’t really been a problem for me though.

Dave

What is the firmware on your dash cam?

Back