USB C Power Switch to shut off power mode when parking mode is not wanted?

donnybrook

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone connected a switch to completely cut power to their dashcams when parking mode is not wanted?

I just ran into some issues with the A229 Pro and battery issues on my second install of this camera on my wife's 2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. I think changing the voltage cutoff to most conservative may have fixed the issue of the car reaching it's critical battery level and triggering it's battery cutoff.

During this troubleshooting (and just read something in a thread on the HK5 vs HK4) I realized I don't always want parking mode enabled. When my wife and I are parked at home in our garage, we don't need the parking mode going, adding extra wear and tear to the micro-sd card and the car's battery.

I want to find a convenient way to toggle the power when we are parked in the garage. In a a quick search, I found some USB-C male to female adapters with switch buttons. At minimum, I am thinking about doing this. If possible, I want to automate it in some way. I am into smart home stuff and have some ideas but nothing fleshed out.

I'm curious what you guys have tried or thought about.

Just press the power button on the camera to turn it off when you don't want it.

That way, it will come back on when you start your next journey, instead of you forgetting to turn the switch. (Assuming you are using a hardwire kit.)

I am into smart home stuff and have some ideas but nothing fleshed out.
That would be a better solution, post details if you get anywhere... should be built into the camera really.

I want to find a convenient way to toggle the power when we are parked in the garage.
When you return home, and don’t need parking mode press the power button on the camera to turn it off.
When you depart for the next trip the camera will automatically power on, and record.

Has anyone connected a switch to completely cut power to their dashcams when parking mode is not wanted?

I just ran into some issues with the A229 Pro and battery issues on my second install of this camera on my wife's 2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. I think changing the voltage cutoff to most conservative may have fixed the issue of the car reaching it's critical battery level and triggering it's battery cutoff.

During this troubleshooting (and just read something in a thread on the HK5 vs HK4) I realized I don't always want parking mode enabled. When my wife and I are parked at home in our garage, we don't need the parking mode going, adding extra wear and tear to the micro-sd card and the car's battery.

I want to find a convenient way to toggle the power when we are parked in the garage. In a a quick search, I found some USB-C male to female adapters with switch buttons. At minimum, I am thinking about doing this. If possible, I want to automate it in some way. I am into smart home stuff and have some ideas but nothing fleshed out.

I'm curious what you guys have tried or thought about.
On the A229 Pro/Plus, long pressing the microphone button turns the parking mode on/off.
User Manual: Page №6 ;)

Shouldn’t have the A229 Pro the possibility to disable parking mode based on location.
It was active in one version but is no hidden since a long time. Can’t be that hard isn’t it?

Shouldn’t have the A229 Pro the possibility to disable parking mode based on location.
It was active in one version but is no hidden since a long time. Can’t be that hard isn’t it?
Viofo tried this feature on the original A139, and later removed it with a firmware update because it did not function properly.

Back