V1-What version do I have?

mosslack

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought this on eBay, advertised as new in box sealed and was supposed to be a V1 Basic. It was $10 cheaper than Amazon so I bought it. I got it yesterday and clearly could see it was not the V1 Basic that was on Amazon. For one thing this one says right on the box that is has WiFi and a super capacitor, neither of which appear in the ad on Amazon. The box simply has V1 as the model so now I'm not so sure what version I actually have. I don't yet have the SD card, but I did plug it into power and sure enough it does connect to the Rexing Connect app on my phone. Plus I see no battery icon on the screen so I assume it has the super capacitor instead. I'm not complaining because it's obviously a step up from the Basic, but I still would like to know exactly what model I have.

Also I did do some searching online and according to the version shown on screen for that menu selection, it might be a V1 SW as the firmware number for that model matches that number. The year of the firmware update is 2019, so that would put it sometime between the original and when they went to the V1 4K. Other than the firmware update I could find no other info on the Rexing website for this model so if anyone has any more info that you can share it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to DCT @mosslack :)

Rexing doesn't get much discussion here but maybe someone will know how to determine which one you have.

One big clue will be firmware (FW), which should be viewable either in the cam menu or the app. FW is most often model or version specific, so once you have the FW version noted, you can go to the manufacturer's website and compare what you have against the listed cams.

I strongly advise you to not do any FW updates until you are certain they will work for the cam you have, as loading the wrong FW will often brick the cam.

Phil

Both these cameras use the same housing; the differences are internal.

If the app works with it, then it's not the V1 Basic as it has no wifi. The V14K version has a resolution of 2880x2160 24fps while the V1 Basic only goes up to 1920x1080 30fps. If you check resolution options in the menu that will tell you which one you have. Also the V1 Basic has a 5 minute file option while the 4K does 3 minutes tops. The sensors and CMOS boards are different but you have to open the cam to check those out.

This info comes from the rexingusa.com site so it should be accurate. Site link HERE

Phil

Thanks for the replies. As I said, the firmware on my cam is the latest one listed for the V1 SW in Rexing's firmware updates. Max resolution is 1920x1080 30fps, so it's obviously not the 4k model. The mount and 128 gb micro SD card I ordered from Amazon is supposed to be here tomorrow so then I can do more testing.

Thanks again!

Back