LateralNW

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VArious
I haven't noticed this before but it appears there is an opaque edit box in the top right of all of my videos.
It's like a watermark.
I thought it might be due to the app placing a type of marker on the video to show it was an event but it appears on all my files.

I wondered if it might only be in the app preview mode but downloaded files still have this watermark.

This is the rear camera night video screen shot which emphasises the watermark.

@Jeff_Vantrue any idea why?

IMG_3998.jpeg

I also noticed that gray box in the top right corner of recorded footage in APP on my S1 Pro after I started using the camera in 1-CH configuration.
I assumed it was to signify the rear camera is disconnected.
Let me fire up the S1 Pro to confirm & verify.

I also noticed that gray box in the top right corner of recorded footage in APP on my S1 Pro after I started using the camera in 1-CH configuration.
I assumed it was to signify the rear camera is disconnected.
Just an FYI, I checked the downloaded videos of my S1Pro when the rear camera was not attached and there is no 'gray box' in the video. Will try to check the app later but I don't remember ever seeing one.

'gray box'
The gray box only appears when viewing the videos in APP.
Once you download the videos to your phone, or view videos by inserting sd card into computer the gray box is not there.

When I look at the rear camera (out of focus) raw footage from the RC06 camera used with the N5, I don't see any gray box in the corner.

vantrue_n5_rear_20230906_203714_0387_N_D.MP4_snapshot.jpg

The gray box only appears when viewing the videos in APP.
Once you download the videos to your phone, or view videos by inserting sd card into computer the gray box is not there.
I downloaded the files to my phone but can't find the files. They appear in the app but not in any folders iphone gives me access to.

Another thing I've noticed is the other Vantrue app places the files in a different place!
Why would they do that?

In either app there doesn't seem to be a way to move the videos to the photos album.

This is when I run the app without it connected to the Dashcam.

I downloaded the files to my phone but can't find the files. They appear in the app but not in any folders iphone gives me access to.
No folders at all? Unfortunately it's a crap shoot on iOS when it comes to file management :(

This is what I hate about the Vantrue APP.
After you "download" the video clips to your smartphone, you have to go to another part of the APP called ALBUM, and the "SYNC" each video file so they will appear in your camera roll.
So basically you have to download each video twice.
Such a pain in the rear.
I've seen other dash cam makers do this to, and they are always off brands.

After you "download" the video clips to your smartphone, you have to go to another part of the APP called ALBUM, and the "SYNC" each video file so they will appear in your camera roll.
Such a pain in the rear.
They should remove this because we are not in 2010 anymore. We have the storage space for it, and if we have viewed the file already, it's already been downloaded off the camera. Shouldn't be another step taking it off the cache or telling the camera to display the saved file (or delete it)

Such a pain in the rear.
Oh Thanks I didn't realise that was what sync was for. ;)
I really thought it was something to do with syncing the time or something. lol
In the Version 2 app is actually gives you an image at the bottom of the screen that is an arrow pointing down inferring its to download the file/files.
However it also has the sync option.

Seems the Apps don't maintain compatibility on many levels which is also annoying.
I'm sure it will get fixed as it is really a 1st world issue only!

No folders at all? Unfortunately it's a crap shoot on iOS when it comes to file management :(
Apple don't let you folic around in their phone. I'm only borrowing it forever:LOL:

I wrote about it here.
When you download a file, nothing prevents you from synchronizing it immediately.

Apple don't let you folic around in their phone. I'm only borrowing it forever:LOL:
Haha I used to have iPad pro but did my head in cos I realised even now they lock you down. So back to Android cos I can get stuff done haha

I wrote about it here.
When you download a file, nothing prevents you from synchronizing it immediately.
If you don't want to, don't sync. It is your right.
Odd thing to say.
Until the files are synchronized, you will not find them in your smartphone.

Problem is they are on your phone just not in a place that is accessible to the user.
Cont.

I think it will be like a cache area where the file is streamed to. It might only be low or lower res to allow the fast viewing ability. One of the streaming formats perhaps.
The word Sync doesn't really help as it doesn't express what it does. Download is much better or even the arrow that is seen in the app.
1695122121351.png

Of course they are located on the phone in the folder: DCIM-Vantrue.
Where else should the files downloaded from the DVR to the phone be located?
On an Iphone they are not located in a place that is accessible until they are synced so they are taking up space in a Vantrue app only storage location.
Worse if you have used the other version then they are also stored in a different location to the other app. That seems really inefficient and prone to problems. This is exactly what happen to me where I have two seperate locations with Vantrue App files stored.

How should I respond to a person who does not want to sync downloaded files?
That person made sense to me. @wibbly
Watching the video means it was downloaded to the phone. Not being able to access that does seem odd.
Of course as I mentioned earlier if the file is a streaming file then it may not be the full resolution etc.

The problem I have with the app is that it doesn't make it obvious enough that you need to download the file to get it in a location that it can be copied from.
Another very important thing is that you can't look at these app only files if you don't have the dashcam connected which is also odd.

I hope some modification is done to improve these odd errors. @Jeff_Vantrue What do you think?

When I started working with Vantrue, I immediately asked the representative which application was best to use.
The answer was: Vantrue is best.
I'm also using a Vantrue app

Back