Vantrue M3 3 Channel Mirror Dashcam is now available. What's the main features? Sample Footage?

Jeff_Vantrue

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States

Resolution

The Vantrue Mirror Cam 3 uses a 5MP Sony STARVIS IMX335 image sensor to capture the road ahead in 2K QHD at 30 frames per second. The M3's rear camera is equipped with 2MP Sony STARVIS IMX307 image sensors that clearly capture traffic in 1080p Full HD. Both work reliably in recording details, such as license plates and road signs.
lighter

Interior Cam

The Vantrue Mirror Cam 3 is a three-channel mirror dash cam, and is now equipped with a 2MP SOI JX-F53SA image sensor in the 360-degree rotatable interior IR (infrared) camera that captures in-cabin activity even in pitch-black environments.
lighter

What are the dash cam upgrades?

The Vantrue Mirror Cam 3's 12-inch anti-glare touchscreen display measures similar to the M2 but is edgier for its rectangular shape. While the M2 is built with a basic processor, the Mirror cam 3 boasts a Dual Core Linux operating system for faster performance and user responsiveness.
lighter

Vantrue Mirror Cam 3 | Sample Footage | BlackboxMyCar

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.

I have never tried a mirror cam, but i also think it might be less optimal in my car.
In my car the mirror are mounted off the roof, and actually some ways from the windscreen ( i will estimate some 6 - 7 inches if not more )
So i think with such a system the camera might well have a lot of my shaded area in the top of the footage unless i aim it very much down, but i am guessing here, i think on the drive i am about to take maybe i can hold my phone up in front of the back if the mirror and take a picture to see if i am right, assuming phone camera have a FOV not terrible far from what a dashcam have.

If not the dotted area then it surely will have the 3 cameras i have installed on the dotted area in frame, as they do come a little down below the dotted area.

Other than that if a mirror system have reversing camera features, i might well like it as my back are no longer that happy about being flexed too much ( turning around to look while reversing )

The interior camera seem to be on a wire, for those cameras that is a big + in my book.

Just snapped some pictures using wide angle lens on my phone, and TBH i think i worried about nothing.
Even if all 3 cameras in front of mirror are in the footage, then the dotted area, well not so much.
I still think though to test such a system properly i should not have other cameras on the windscreen, and it is rare i dont have that, though ATM the A229 and A119 mini have been there so long i could move them to static testing in my living room window.
The E2 i would prefer to test a few more months at least in the car, it is the lastest system i have gotten to beat on, and though it do very fine indeed, then a bit longer will not hurt.

IMG_20230225_171303.jpg

I have a whopping 20 - 22 CM in front of my mirror and to the windscreen.

IMG_20230225_171405.jpg

Nice.

I have never tried a mirror cam, but i also think it might be less optimal in my car.
In my car the mirror are mounted off the roof, and actually some ways from the windscreen ( i will estimate some 6 - 7 inches if not more )
So i think with such a system the camera might well have a lot of my shaded area in the top of the footage unless i aim it very much down, but i am guessing here, i think on the drive i am about to take maybe i can hold my phone up in front of the back if the mirror and take a picture to see if i am right, assuming phone camera have a FOV not terrible far from what a dashcam have.

If not the dotted area then it surely will have the 3 cameras i have installed on the dotted area in frame, as they do come a little down below the dotted area.

Other than that if a mirror system have reversing camera features, i might well like it as my back are no longer that happy about being flexed too much ( turning around to look while reversing )
I received a mirror cam years ago (don't think I posted about it on here though because that's how unhappy I was with it), and found it too unwieldy (had an old Hyundai Getz/Click). The screen playback was a cool feature but ultimately it did move out of place sometimes when going over big bumps/coarse roads, just I got fed up with it.

Also not 100% sure, but I think with newer cars these days having the stalk attached to the rear-view mirror housing lane detection/autonomous emergency braking sensors (as it is is in my current Kia Cerato car), it just makes the whole purpose of a mirror cam even more redundant / bulky. The only other purpose I could think of a mirror cam for an older car would be for reversing cameras (like you said), but every new car has a reversing camera now and it's being mandated by law for new car sales, so it's all kind of moot at this point.

Back