Vantrue Sonnet 1 (S1) Pro - Testing / Review - RCG

it would be nice if there were a formal channel for feedback
Would be nice for a centralised channel where we can communicate directly with Jeff or a representative
Last year when I tested the Vantrue E1 I only dealt with one representative, (Mijant).
She was very nice, we exchanged emails every day, and she always answered all my questions.

Ever since the pre-release of the Vantrue N4 Pro & N5 four different Vantrue representatives have emailed me to test those cameras, (but I always declined because I detest any dash cam with a hanging ball mount).
Jeff, Eleni, and two others I forget their names.
I think they might have a staffing issues, or an organization structure that needs to be streamlined.
I think RCG530 is the only one of us who has a “regular” point of contact at Vantrue that answers all his technical questions.
If Vantrue does not step up, and provide a “regular” point of contact for us to gather all our testing feedback I’m fine with that.
Eventually they'll get on the ball, or they won’t.

Oh yeah, every since I’ve been testing for Viofo (June 2022) I’ve only had one point of contact who never leaves me hanging to answer my questions.
His name is Alex, and he’s been great.
Actually, I just realized Alex could be a girls name too. lol

Last year when I tested the Vantrue E1 I only dealt with one representative, (Mijant).
She was very nice, we exchanged emails every day, and she always answered all my questions.

Ever since the pre-release of the Vantrue N4 Pro & N5 four different Vantrue representatives have emailed me to test those cameras, (but I always declined because I detest any dash cam with a hanging ball mount).
Jeff, Eleni, and two others I forget their names.
I think they might have a staffing issues, or an organization structure that needs to be streamlined.
I think RCG530 is the only one of us who has a “regular” point of contact at Vantrue that answers all his technical questions.
If Vantrue does not step up, and provide a “regular” point of contact for us to gather all our testing feedback I’m fine with that.
Eventually they'll get on the ball, or they won’t.

Oh yeah, every since I’ve been testing for Viofo (June 2022) I’ve only had one point of contact who never leaves me hanging to answer my questions.
His name is Alex, and he’s been great.
Actually, I just realized Alex could be a girls name too. lol
The more the better, or not in this case haha. Shame about Vantrue but who knows, as you say it might all come together.

I've only known of Bill when I had the A118C2 years ago and nothing since then, but I've been away for so long anyway so that's on me haha

I've only known of Bill
That's so funny you mention Bill.
I think Bill is the top guy, or the owner of the company.
I've never met him, or had an email conversation with him.
But he's subscribed to my main YouTube Channel, and 3 hours ago he finally subscribed to my 2nd YouTube channel (the one with all my test footage).
Now that I know he's watching me, maybe I will tailor more videos to him. lol

Meet Bill .png

That's so funny you mention Bill.
I think Bill is the top guy, or the owner of the company.
I've never met him, or had an email conversation with him.
But he's subscribed to my main YouTube Channel, and 3 hours ago he finally subscribed to my 2nd YouTube channel (the one with all my test footage).
Now that I know he's watching me, maybe I will tailor more videos to him. lol

View attachment 67628
Imagine if you found out he moved into your town haha. Now he's really watching you haha

Vantrue sent me a debug RC04 firmware which displays some "data" in place of the regular status line text. During my weekly drive last Friday, the S1 Pro's rear RC04 camera started off "somewhat out of focus" and as the day progressed, the focus quality continued to get worse. I've sent my results to Vantrue.

Somewhat out of focus
View attachment 67587

Very out of focus
View attachment 67588
Hi
did you get any response from Vantrue about this rear cam issue. I'm facing same issue. I'm on 1st firmware still because latest firmware broke parking mode LCD off. I doubt the latest firmware eliminated this issue thanks

Last edited:
Hi
did you get any response from Vantrue about this rear cam issue. I'm facing same issue. I'm on 1st firmware still because latest firmware broke parking mode LCD off. I doubt the latest firmware eliminated out of focus rear cam. Thanks
Vantrue eventually (without communication) sent me a replacement rear camera. That was during the period of time that Vantrue support was missing in action for an extended period of time. I assigned the same level of urgency to my testing of any Vantrue product. I have not had the S1 Pro back in my car since the replacement rear camera arrived.

Vantrue eventually (without communication) sent me a replacement rear camera. That was during the period of time that Vantrue support was missing in action for an extended period of time. I assigned the same level of urgency to my testing of any Vantrue product. I have not had the S1 Pro back in my car since the replacement rear camera arrived.
Thank you. Was it happened with the latest firmware or you had this issue with old firmware. I need to contact the CS and need to know in case they say i need to update the firmware. Thank you

Thank you. Was it happened with the latest firmware or you had this issue with old firmware. I need to contact the CS and need to know in case they say i need to update the firmware. Thank you
My focus issue appears to be hardware/heat related, not firmware related for the RC04 rear camera.

I see thank you. I noticed this issue appeared maybe after 20mins. daytime drive and inside car was about 25degree Celsius. I started to like the dashcam when i made some front cam settings changes and now i noticed this. I contacted CS hope we sort it out thank you for the help

I see thank you. I noticed this issue appeared maybe after 20mins. daytime drive and inside car was about 25degree Celsius. I started to like the dashcam when i made some front cam settings changes and now i noticed this. I contacted CS hope we sort it out thank you for the help
Some other folks on here have been sent replacement RC04 units in their own packaging, and appears that the focus issues have been resolved

Some other folks on here have been sent replacement RC04 units in their own packaging, and appears that the focus issues have been resolved
Thank you. Hope we sort it out. I'm glad i read about this issue here on the website and checked the footage. Ill already hardwired it the low bit rate parking mode works well with Vantrue OBD2 kit thus i decided to keep it but now i found this rear cam issue

Last edited:
After providing the video evidence they agreed for the replacement. I should receive it in less than 3 weeks. Is anyone here using the replaced camera so far i didn't find any feedback. I read some N4 PRO users had the same issues. Thank you

Last edited:
I did receive a replacement RC04 and tested it with the N4 Pro a while ago - but to me, it didn't resole the focus issue and they haven't responded back after requesting sample videos of the issues... that was probably over 2 months ago at this point. I didn't post any updates on DCT regarding that.

I did receive a replacement RC04 and tested it with the N4 Pro a while ago - but to me, it didn't resole the focus issue and they haven't responded back after requesting sample videos of the issues... that was probably over 2 months ago at this point. I didn't post any updates on DCT regarding that.
that's not a good news. The customer service didn't respond ? Why you didn't approach Jeff Vantrue he's quite active here. They sent you same model in the same shape ? I saw on their website some 1080p cams but slightly different design thank you

Back