Viofo A119Mini2 Hanging | WIFI Logo On Screen

sekigan

Reaction score
Country
India
I have been a VIOFO user since 2018 and has a Viofo A129 Duo, an A139 3Ch and recently added a couple of A119Mini2's. Generally the Viofos have been reliable to me and have not faced any serious issue that has made me seek support but seems like my luck has run out.

One of my Mini2's is now properly stuck and nothing seems to work, neither reset nor firmware update. The camera boots up and then Wifi logo comes up and all the buttons are unresponsive. The reset just restarts the camera and it does the same thing again. I tried to do a firmware update but the camera is not reading firmware from the SD card, the power LED doesn't flash like when it does during a FW update. But instead the camera boots up and goes on to get stuck with the WIFI logo spread across the screen like before.

A random search on the internet led me to this video which is what I am also facing with, except in my case the wifi logo fills the screen with nothing else visible.

I have been a VIOFO user since 2018 and has a Viofo A129 Duo, an A139 3Ch and recently added a couple of A119Mini2's. Generally the Viofos have been reliable to me and have not faced any serious issue that has made me seek support but seems like my luck has run out.

One of my Mini2's is now properly stuck and nothing seems to work, neither reset nor firmware update. The camera boots up and then Wifi logo comes up and all the buttons are unresponsive. The reset just restarts the camera and it does the same thing again. I tried to do a firmware update but the camera is not reading firmware from the SD card, the power LED doesn't flash like when it does during a FW update. But instead the camera boots up and goes on to get stuck with the WIFI logo spread across the screen like before.

A random search on the internet led me to this video which is what I am also facing with, except in my case the wifi logo fills the screen with nothing else visible.

Please update this special firmware to see if it can help: https://we.tl/t-wnZXxYakXc
When you copy the file to your card, please make sure not to rename it and put it in the root of the card.
If the issue still persists, we can replace it for you. Wait for your results.

Last edited:
Please update this special firmware to see if it can help: https://we.tl/t-wnZXxYakXc
When you copy the file to your card, please make sure not to rename it and put it in the root of the card.
If the issue still persists, we can replace it for you. Wait for your results.

Thank you! I have copied the file to the SD card and fortunately the camera picked it up and updated itself with this special FW and version is now showing V1.0 Build 20230801.

Is this special firmware a recovery fw and not a factory reset fw? The reason I ask is the WIFI SSID name I set (Mini2_01) using the viofo app before the camera got stuck was not changed to the default viofo wifi ssid upon recovery.

Another question is, is the V1.0 Build 20230801 special fw stable and can I keep it on the camera? The fw on <viofo.com/content/96-a119-mini-2-support/> site is V1.0_20230605. Should I, now that the cam is recovered, put the 20230605 which seems to be the current release?

You can keep the 0801 version, we will update the official firmware on the site soon.
Great! I have updated the firmware on both Mini2's to the 0801 version. Thank you.

Back