What parking mode is everyone using

But why not use low bitrate for parking instead of normal bitrate?

I do use low bitrate parking, and I love it. I reported it in my post #10.

I guess, I wasn’t that clear, and reading my own unedited post #16, I can see how easily it could be misunderstood and misinterpreted. :D
I was actually trying to compere different parking modes to each other, and not to normal recording.
So, I edited my post #16.
Basically, even though the low bitrate probably takes up more space, more power, and generates more heat compared to other parking modes, I think the practical difference is not that significant, therefore, in my opinion, low bitrate is the best choice, as it is the most reliable and informative parking mode.

(except perhaps the radar)
I normally only use parking mode for supermarket parking and similar, so set the parking mode duration timer to 3 hours. At that length, space is not an issue, power is not an issue, and overheating tends not to be an issue. I struggle to see what advantage the radar would give over low bitrate for this use, and the radar can definitely miss things, there is no pre-buffering on radar, it is not going to record anything until it has detected movement, plus a second or so, by which time a 30Km/h vehicle can already have collided with us. So Low Bitrate is better than Radar.

Radar does win if you want 24/7 coverage and you are not parked in a busy place, but I might still want the first hour or two covered by Low Bitrate anyway, before automatically switching to Radar.

Thanks for clarifying the meaning of your post, it is good to know what people want from parking mode, and how the manufacturers could improve it in future...

Back