Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Heyy pendejo how are you doing :D

As a former pothead i have always enjoyed C&C movies, but i must admit i have allways overlooked that dashcam :)

2uPyDrh.jpg
You know they would have caught some good footage, too. I discovered Cheech & Chong not long ago :D

I started on fabulous furry freak Brothers in school, they where some of the stuff i was reading in English class.

fabulous-furry-freak-brothers-713x1024.jpg

Hey guys.....I posted my doctored Cheech & Chong photo 'cause I thought it would be funny and amusing but it was still intended to be in line with the "Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures" theme of the thread. I seem to have completely derailed the thread which was not my intention, of course.

So, in the spirit of getting the thread back on topic: :rolleyes:

hZueoM6.jpg

P.S. Long time Freak Brothers fan here. My favorite character was always Fat Freddy's cat. ("I'll **** in his boots!")

Last edited:
I hope homer never has a tailgater with his brights on.

Something I hadn't thought about when mounting.

Hah! Similar fail with my camera except mine obstructs proper use of the passenger sun visor :) Wife is saying she will want to use it in the summer. WTF, remount camera, you joking? The audacity of it.

Hah! Similar fail with my camera except mine obstructs proper use of the passenger sun visor :) Wife is saying she will want to use it in the summer. WTF, remount camera, you joking? The audacity of it.
Just tell her once you apply 3M adhesive to a window, the windows warranty or insurance policy covering the windshield is voice upon its removal.

Buy her a pair or Ray Ban, and put a small mirror in the glove compartment, problem solved ;)

I mount my DC's on a magnet from a dead hard drive. It's glued to the dashboard with double-sided 3M adhesive tape used to hold plastic door moldings in place. Another magnet I have glued to the bottom of my cams.

3012499020320141795.jpg

From the outside it looks like this (GS2000 is in the center of the photo).

4767772020320141794.jpg

Installing and removing DC is a cinch, all buttons are within reach, screen clearly visible when needed. Screen saver is set to 120 seconds so it doesn't distract when driving.

The cam doesn't obstruct visibility. All it blocks from view is part of the bonnet.

As for wiring it goes like this. Switch on the dashboard is connected to a fused constant 12 volts source. The wire goes inside the dashboard...

7180208020320141796.jpg

... under the shelf below the glove box to a 12V to 5V converter I have bought on eBay from supermario-au for a couple of dollars...

8009216020320141797.jpg

... put into the coolest spot I could find around the center console without taking the interior apart.

4750727020320141799.jpg

The shelf has rigidity elements on the back and the module fits into one of them nicely.

4186959020320141798.jpg

5V output cable goes back alongside the 12V feed wire and comes out on the passenger side of center console.

I hide the USB cable in the gap between console and shelf when I remove the cam and leave the car. Magnet on the dashboard doesn't stand out too much because I have covered it with a bit of thin black insulation tape.

The car is a MkII VW Golf.

Put my mobius in its final place today.

mobius2.jpg

mobius4.jpg

mobius3.jpg

Put my mobius in its final place today.
Is it on a door or the roof? I wondered if closing the door would affect it.

How do you like the Mobius so far vs the C1?

It is mounted on the back door / hatch witch in turn hinge on the roof of the car, and my first install was no good as closing the hatch made the cam fall off.
The first try i had the mount sttached to the car with dualsided tape and same with the cam to the mount, but for some strange reason the dualsided tape did not want to stick to the camera, so i made the mount 3 mm taller and then put hook and loop velcro between the cam and mount.

The USB clear the inside well now, but i will change over to a wire with a 90 deg angled plug at the camera end, that way i can route the wire better so it cant be seen as mutch.

It was wierd the dualsided tape dident "bite" on the camera, we have used that tape often in out RC toys and there it hold on just fine.
But the velcro have a good grip on the camera now, and the same velcro allso have a firm grip on the large lipo batteries we use in our toys.

I will proberly still make a new mount in sheet metal, and then i will turn the cam 180 degree from how it is now, and then use magnets to hold it in place, that way heat can transfer from heatsink on mobius to the mount.
That is if the heatsink on the morbius is metal ;) if it is a non magnetic metal that idea will have to be changed, anyway my mobius dont seem to get warm, atleast not after a 2 houre recording session in my car with the heater on full blast.

I havent made any mentionable comparison between the morbius and the C1, only thing i have notised in that regard is the mobius seem better in the dark.

Livue LB100 in Accord 7th gen:

http://i59.tinypic.com/9va4it.jpg[/IMG]']
http://i59.tinypic.com/9va4it.jpg[/IMG]']

Since then I've changed cars:)
So here's the same cam in the XF. New owner initially decided not to keep the cam so I took them out & fited temp in the new one.

http://i61.tinypic.com/288ausw.jpg[/IMG]']

I should add I took the front cover of the cam & sprayed it teflon black.

Last edited:
Fitted my Mobius today :)

Think im going to buy my self an adhesive mount as it reduces the hang, but happy to wait for it whilst my suction mount does the job

View from drivers side:

9EF9A430-94C8-4F5C-8363-F38F848F4EB0.jpg

View from passenger side:

052666FC-3611-4A09-9867-F79FFC6BD203.jpg

I ran the cable under the trim and down side, cable was pretty slim to tucked under nicely, only seeable down near door:

A1BCA8D3-0AA3-4998-AC8E-F2F03747C2E0.jpg

Then it finished up going under my centre console into the rear cigarette lighter socket

D596DC88-777B-45C8-B927-D3ED1F020DDB.jpg

Views from outside

carrrrrr.jpg

C07D6E41-056D-4849-9BF8-017F8E5D2261.jpg

I removed the sticker from front of camera as it was irritating me and made it stand out :)

Happy with look of it, like i said though, i want to reduce hang so will order adhesive mount.

Here is my GT680W installation. I will use the 3M mount instead of the suction when I feel I want to replace it :)
The car is a Volvo V50. Unfortlently the cam does not fit in the center directly behind the mirror. There is a big plastic thing in the way :/
I routed the Cable almost only invisible. Maybe I relocate the GPS unit all the way down (this also hides more Cable) :)

The Cable runs in the roof down the A-pillar and to the 12V socket in the back under the floor carpet.

IMAG1843.jpg

IMAG1830.jpg

IMAG1836.jpg

IMAG1831.jpg

IMAG1834.jpg

IMAG1833.jpg

IMAG1832.jpg

Back