Won't turn on

countryman99

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed today by Halfords. Brought it inside the house to connect up to my Mac. USB lead plugged in. Blue light on. But pressing and holding for two seconds the on/off button does nothing? Am I missing something here ?

TIA

Hello,
I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with you 522GW. Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam using a pen. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Then plug the USB cable into your camera and computer. Does it now start normally?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie

Thank you for your reply. In the end I simply hit the reset button and it now turns on. Not sure why unplugging it from the car would require this.

Current difficulty is getting my phone to connect to the dashcam.

Hello,

Sounds like the dashcam had frozen. Make sure you're using a compatible SD card and the card is regularly formatted.

Regarding connection, could you describe the issue some more please? Any steps you're taking, error messages or screenshots would be ideal.
Please also let me know your phone model and iOS/Android version.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi Millie

I was actually on the phone to one of your colleagues when your email came through. Richard has sent me through some instructuons and so I think 'm OK now.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your update, you're in safe hands with Richard.
If you need any further assistance, just let me know.

Kind regards,
Millie

Back