A229 Pro, when?

As the owner of Viofo 129 PRO DUO, I am looking forward to the A229 PRO DUO. At last, the night shooting of the A129PRO is "noisy".

As the owner of Viofo 129 PRO DUO, I am looking forward to the A229 PRO DUO. At last, the night shooting of the A129PRO is "noisy".

Hopefully once the test samples reach the testers we will see a cleaner video at night.

Watch this space.

Paul..

The front cam video quality is close to the other 4K dash cam with IMX678 sensor.
The Rear cam and Interior cam video quality is much better than others.

will it be released in a 2ch version as they are only advertising 3ch coming soon on their site and what price do we estimate it is going to be?

will it be released in a 2ch version as they are only advertising 3ch coming soon on their site and what price do we estimate it is going to be?
I think that most likely there will be 3 options on sale:
single-channel, two-channel and three-channel versions.

Can't wait to test it and make some sample videos.

Front + Rear + Interior + X :unsure:

Now that's a teaser!
Hazarding a wild guess at Starvis 2 imx675 for rear that will be an option for the A139 pro. Then again chipset won't support processing that much data ?

Hazarding a wild guess at Starvis 2 imx675 for rear that will be an option for the A139 pro. Then again chipset won't support processing that much data ?
You will need an A229 Pro for that option. Think new feature rather than upgrade.

l
You will need an A229 Pro for that option. Think new feature rather than upgrade.

Fair point, nonetheless excited to see what they come up with for the A229 Pro

Когда его можно ожидать в продаже?

I hope one day they will come out with an additional side-view or 360-degree camera that can be connected to the A139 Pro. The T130 is very good in that it has an internal lens that can be turned to one side, but two of them would be needed, for the other side as well.

The time is nigh.... well nigh-ish....

The time is nigh.... well nigh-ish....
Guessing won't be long before a bunch of folks on here get to share early testing impressions of these devices, excited to see what improvements Viofo has made :)

Looks like the A229 Plus and Pro are now available for preorder on Viofo's website! I'm pumped about these. :)

Reading over the specs, I have a couple questions for @viofo.

To confirm, the A229 Pro can do 4K on the front cam in a full 3CH setup, correct?

What are the front cam max bitrates for 1CH/2CH/3CH configurations?

I see the interior cam now has 4 IR LED's instead of 6 like the A139 Pro, and that the interior cam now adds HDR. The interior cam sensor has also changed from the IMX291 to the IMX307. What differences are there in terms of video quality with the new IR cam?

What are the advantages of the A139 Pro over the A229 Pro, especially given that it's listed for $40 more than the newer model?

Last edited:
Back