128GB thinkware sd card

Thanks samuelh_888,

I have now committed as per your recommendation, paid £46.52 from Amazon, hope it is genuine.

Are you able to share with us the steps you have taken for initializing the Samsung card.

Sorry @KNT - I missed this post but o suspect you have it sorted now. Just in case, I put the card into the cam, turned the car and did the formatting procedure as per instructions (holding one of the buttons for a couple of seconds).

Hope it’s working well for you.

Just passing along real world usage info so people looking to see what works in the camera can have legit information.

I don't doubt you were told that but it's either bogus info or I have a magical card..

Bogus info? Not sure that’s fair comment. At per my original post, he word they used was ‘seem’ as in ‘don’t seem to be comparable’. Their recommendation was to use the EVO only unless you go for original Thinkware.

I think it’s helpful that you can offer an alternative finding - the other forum members take which ever advice.

Bogus info? Not sure that’s fair comment. At per my original post, he word they used was ‘seem’ as in ‘don’t seem to be comparable’. Their recommendation was to use the EVO only unless you go for original Thinkware.

I think it’s helpful that you can offer an alternative finding - the other forum members take which ever advice.
I was not trying to be harsh with my comments so apologies if you took it that way. The info they gave you, based on my real world use, is false. I can say this without hesitation as I am using the Evo Plus card in my F800..

Now I am using a 64GB card so maybe the 128GB is different?

I was not trying to be harsh with my comments so apologies if you took it that way. The info they gave you, based on my real world use, is false. I can say this without hesitation as I am using the Evo Plus card in my F800..

Now I am using a 64GB card so maybe the 128GB is different?

No offence was taken - I’m just quoting what the distributor said so I’m not going to second guess him - I suspect they know the product. He could have just have easily said ‘only use thinkware’ But he didn’t which is pretty decent. On here and other forums there is posts where cards have worked briefly or intermittently to the annoyance of the owners. I haven’t tried any other cards myself so it’s good to know other Evo versions work. If they weren’t so expensive I’d try (I have a 64gb in one car but want 128) but I’ll stick with what I have for now.

Last edited:
No offence was taken - I’m just quoting what the distributor said so I’m not going to second guess him - I suspect they know the product. He could have just have easily said ‘only use thinkware’ But he didn’t which is pretty decent.
I was leery about the Evo Plus after not getting a solid answer. Blackboxmycar said it would work so I decided to give it a try.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/samsung-evo-plus-class-10-micro-sdxc?variant=49946899399

What they say at the link: Samsung Evo+ Micro SD card compatible with many high end dashcams such as Thinkware, BlackSys, and Blackvue

I got the 64GB card on sale for $20 at Best Buy during a weekly sale so if it didn't work I figured what the heck and I can always put the card into something else. FWIW, the card also works great in a Garmin Dash Cam 45..

Edit to add: I wonder if Samsung changed something.. Some cards are marked with the + symbol and some have the word Plus written on the card. Mine has the word printed on the card and not the symbol.

Differences:
download.jpeg
download (1).jpeg

Last edited:
This is incorrect.. I have a 64GB Samsung Evo Plus card and it works perfectly in the F800.

This is the card I have to be exact:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...dxc-uhs-i-memory-card/5785404.p?skuId=5785404

Have not tried a 128GB card yet but may do so when I get around to adding a rear camera to the setup..

I can assure you that the Evo+128GB doesn't work with the F800 PRO. Then i am going di buy a brand new one with the high endurance feature. SanDisk made an item like that and that was born specifically for dash cams.

I can assure you that the Evo+128GB doesn't work with the F800 PRO. Then i am going di buy a brand new one with the high endurance feature. SanDisk made an item like that and that was born specifically for dash cams.
Which version did you try? The one with the + symbol or the one with Plus written on the card?

I think there may be a difference in comparability based on the Evo Plus or Evo+ version.

Just got me an f800 and was looking for a micro sd as it only came with a 16GB. Emailed blackboxmycar about samsung evo+ 64GB and these were their replies:

"In our experience, the Samsung EVO Plus has worked quite well with this camera."

"Yes, that microSD card would work."

Which version did you try? The one with the + symbol or the one with Plus written on the card?

I think there may be a difference in comparability based on the Evo Plus or Evo+ version.

EVO+ is written on the card. Same class and type of the original Thinkware's cards but they would not work.
"An error formatting the card has been verified. The device will now be rebooted". And this is the loop that goes on and on until i extract the card and put back the original one.

EVO+ is written on the card. Same class and type of the original Thinkware's cards but they would not work.
"An error formatting the card has been verified. The device will now be rebooted". And this is the loop that goes on and on until i extract the card and put back the original one.
That's helpful..

Maybe we can, with a bit more data, determine that the cards labeled with the + symbol are not comparable but the cards with Plus written on them are..

Mine has Plus written on it and it's working fine. It is 64GB version though.

Just got me an f800 and was looking for a micro sd as it only came with a 16GB. Emailed blackboxmycar about samsung evo+ 64GB and these were their replies:

"In our experience, the Samsung EVO Plus has worked quite well with this camera."

"Yes, that microSD card would work."
To be safe, maybe get the one with the word Plus written on it. I have that version and can confirm it works fine.

To be safe, maybe get the one with the word Plus written on it. I have that version and can confirm it works fine.

I honestly do not think that the problem is the card type or class in that case, but the size. The dashcam needs a firmware update to recognize the 128GB size.
I bought 2x SanDisk® High Endurance Video Monitoring microSDHC™|microSDXC™ 64GB which are specifics for dashcams but with 64GB size.
Comments will follow ;)

It's been some time since I received notification this issue was still active, I see from several posts it still is.

Despite confirming this SD card I see people are still experimenting with other cards, nothing wrong with that especially if you already have one to hand.

I successfully used one of these 128 gb cards in my F770, I transferred it's use to my F800Pro along with an extra card exactly the same to cover a long period in two countries, they have operated faultlessly throughout, so I stand by my confidence in this card.
J.

It's been some time since I received notification this issue was still active, I see from several posts it still is.

Despite confirming this SD card I see people are still experimenting with other cards, nothing wrong with that especially if you already have one to hand.

I successfully used one of these 128 gb cards in my F770, I transferred it's use to my F800Pro along with an extra card exactly the same to cover a long period in two countries, they have operated faultlessly throughout, so I stand by my confidence in this card.
J.
Which Sandisk card is that as I can't see the model etc from the photo?

Hello TBF.
I agree it is difficult to read it with the dark background, anyways it's a Sandisk Extreme 128gb V30 and just to confirm I have now used these two cards for almost a year and they have performed faultlessly.

J.
Which Sandisk card is that as I can't see the model etc from the photo?

Bought 2x SanDisk High Endurance Class 10 64GB microSDs and they works like a charm.
Those SDs are specifically made for cams, dashcams and other equiments that require lots of data writing/reading/rewriting.
I not even needed to transfer previuos Thinkware's data on the default 16GB microSD card. Just turned off the dashcams, extracted the original ones and putted on the brand new Sandisks. When i turned them on, they started instantly to record without any error message. At that point i think 128GB cards that works fine are available only in the measure of counting them on the fingers of the hand...

:cool::cool::cool:

I am heartened to hear of confirmation that these cards have served others, as well as myself the on-going faultless recording of material and incidents that are of benefit to us that have invested in a dash cam to vindicate us of blame should there be an incident ............ on the other hand I suggest you deny all access to your dash cam recording should it bear witness against you :unsure:............

............ Max.

Bought 2x SanDisk High Endurance Class 10 64GB microSDs and they works like a charm.
Those SDs are specifically made for cams, dashcams and other equiments that require lots of data writing/reading/rewriting.
I not even needed to transfer previuos Thinkware's data on the default 16GB microSD card. Just turned off the dashcams, extracted the original ones and putted on the brand new Sandisks. When i turned them on, they started instantly to record without any error message. At that point i think 128GB cards that works fine are available only in the measure of counting them on the fingers of the hand...

:cool::cool::cool:

I am ready to order a 128GB card so the question for me is this

Anyone using a 128GB card in the F800 - non Pro?

I want to make sure it will work before ordering one. The card I am looking at is the Samsung EVO Select 128GB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XWZWYVP/

My use of the Sandisk 128 gb extends from originally using them in my F770 and then transferring their use on the F800 Pro, on the strength of that I doubt you will have a problem.

J.

I am ready to order a 128GB card so the question for me is this

Anyone using a 128GB card in the F800 - non Pro?

I want to make sure it will work before ordering one. The card I am looking at is the Samsung EVO Select 128GB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XWZWYVP/

My use of the Sandisk 128 gb extends from originally using them in my F770 and then transferring their use on the F800 Pro, on the strength of that I doubt you will have a problem.

J.
Thanks for the response. I read that previously in the thread and it does give me confidence but I wonder if Thinkware may have intentionally crippled it on the F800 so they could sell the Pro. I guess the card is only $40 so if it doesn't work then oh well..

I might order it and see but I was hoping someone with a non Pro F800 could confirm before I do so.

Back