A129 not saving videos

Rosso

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Dash Cam
A129 Duo
Hello everyone,i'm new here and this is my problem

I've bought A129 Duo camera and new 128 Samsung Evo plus MicroSD card few days ago
Did format it through dashcam as recommended,simple click in menus

But camera is saving only pictures when driving,not videos. I've tried tinkering with settings 1 minute,5,10 loop recordings and all,but nothing seem to work. Tried g-sensor and motion detection too,but no go

Pictures are saved in Movie file as MP4,once again pictures only,no videos
Today i've noticed it saves now pics in Photo files as jpeg too

Picture quality is also pretty bad imho

Camera is more or less in it's default video setting

20181117090535001f000.jpg

20181117091727002f000.jpg

What's wrong with camera? Why it's not saving recordings? :confused:

Thx in advance

Last edited:
Pressing Menu while the camera is recording takes a picture, those go into the pictures folder.

Which media player are you using to view the files? Do you have the needed codecs on your system to play video files.

There's no video files to watch,just mp4 pictures,less than 0.5 mb in size

Using VLC, system is less then 1 year old

Can you post a screenshot of the folder that contains the 0.5MB files.

This is Movie file
1.jpg

This is in RO file
2.jpg

Most probably a card problem, as jokiin mentioned, test the card.

Where did you buy the card?

Amazon UK,same as dash cam

When camera is plugged in PC it says there's 119 GB free space on it, which is normal since there's never full available space on cards

I doubt is't micro sd card related,tried it with different one and same story. No videos saved,just MP4 pictures :cautious:

Hello,it's me again

Well ... :confused:

After sunday's successful trial after reloading firmware,later i've setup dash cam with all details,time,GPS,pic quality and so on using Viofo app

So i plugged cam into PC yesterday to check footage and again no videos were saved,only MP4 pictures

Today i've disabled GPS logger,wi-fi, thinking that would help,it didn't. No videos saved,pictures only. No matter what settings i change,there's no videos saved :cautious:

Maybe i should mention that even i have Duo version,i haven't setup rear camera yet

So,is my brand new Viofo A129 Duo a dud? :(
What could be wrong if it isn't?

Last edited:
Try resetting it to default settings...

If it then works, presumably it is something to do with the way you have set it up. Try modifying the settings one at a time and then testing, when you find out what setting causes the problem then you might understand what you are doing. You could also try setting it up using the menu rather than the app.

Strange that nobody else has had this problem though if it is to do with your settings, maybe most people use the defaults...

I can't think of any settings combination that would record only very short video files at infrequent intervals. Looking at the screenshot the file timestamps are not regularly spaced.

I agree with reset to default and see if it records without changing any settings.

Could it be an issue with changing settings through the APP?

Ok,i've setup dash cam using camera itself after resetting it and it's working now.

It seems app and dash cam can't get along,but nevermind,it's recording now :)

Thanks

Ok,i've setup dash cam using camera itself after resetting it and it's working now.

It seems app and dash cam can't get along,but nevermind,it's recording now :)

Thanks
hoping you're still here. I'm having the same problem with my A129 Duo. What exactly did you do to get it to work? (if you remember)

Welcome to the forum Davemon..

How long have you been running your kit ?

If it have been good for a while, what i would focus on first is the memory card, they are often the weak link in dashcams, even if it is a kick ass brand / model.
So test it on the computer with the card in a card reader, using the little free "H2testW" program, maybe if that is good run the card over with the memory card organizations "SD formatter" tool using the full format option ( this both tools take a while not least with a larger memory card )

Welcome to the forum Davemon..

How long have you been running your kit ?

If it have been good for a while, what i would focus on first is the memory card, they are often the weak link in dashcams, even if it is a kick ass brand / model.
So test it on the computer with the card in a card reader, using the little free "H2testW" program, maybe if that is good run the car over with the memory card organizations "SD formatter" tool.
This was installed after Christmas of 2020. Finally needed to look at video and found out it was only taking still pictures every 10 minutes. (have it set to take 10 min.long videos) The micro SD card is a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128gb (purchase along with cam from Amazon) formatted in cam.

Back