A129 Plus Duo randomly turns off, what gives?

ipwn3r456

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys/gals,

My Viofo A129 Plus Duo has been randomly shutting down from time to time, although usually unplugging and plugging in back the power cables would work just fine.

My dashcam is not hardwired, just powered from a regular cig outlet with its original USB car adapter.

Some people have stated that it's the problem with the GPS module, and recommends powering it directly to the camera instead, example: https://support.viofo.com/support/s...-the-gps-or-the-side-port-of-the-camera-body-

Has anyone has a similar issue regarding this problem? I am currently trying to see if powering it through the dashcam directly works, I took off the front dashcam off from the GPS base, and have it plugged in to the dashcam and see if it turns off long term. What do you guys think seems to be the issue here? Would it be the GPS base?

Hey guys/gals,

My Viofo A129 Plus Duo has been randomly shutting down from time to time, although usually unplugging and plugging in back the power cables would work just fine.

My dashcam is not hardwired, just powered from a regular cig outlet with its original USB car adapter.

Some people have stated that it's the problem with the GPS module, and recommends powering it directly to the camera instead, example: https://support.viofo.com/support/s...-the-gps-or-the-side-port-of-the-camera-body-

Has anyone has a similar issue regarding this problem? I am currently trying to see if powering it through the dashcam directly works, I took off the front dashcam off from the GPS base, and have it plugged in to the dashcam and see if it turns off long term. What do you guys think seems to be the issue here? Would it be the GPS base?
Check your not knocking the cigarette lighter socket out or that it has come loose.

Try power straight to Dashcam but leave the gps module connected.

Check the memory card.
Reformat your memory card (FAT32)
Run these programs
Hwtest
SDformatter

Replace memory card with recommended cards from viofo support

You can try to unplug the rear cam.

That not powering up from the GPS base issue mainly happened on A129 Pro(it is optimized already), not on A129 Plus.

It seems like plugging in directly to the camera instead of through the GPS base seems to be doing just fine after a few days of testing, instead of random power off with plugging in through the GPS base.

Maybe I should get a new GPS base.

I bought this dashcam last month. I am also facing the same issue. Dashcam randomly shuts off. I am running the dashcam through the direct connect. It looks like there is a problem with the GPS module. Dashcam only turns on when the charger is connected to the camera.

I bought this dashcam last month. I am also facing the same issue. Dashcam randomly shuts off. I am running the dashcam through the direct connect. It looks like there is a problem with the GPS module. Dashcam only turns on when the charger is connected to the camera.
It turns out that the USB car charger is the problem. After replacing it with a new one, it's been working fine every since for me.

It turns out that the USB car charger is the problem. After replacing it with a new one, it's been working fine every since for me.
Which port are you using on the dashcam the gps port or the camera port.
Thanks.

I just had the same problem and I thought the camera was going bad, but it worked fine with a battery pack for power. The problem was the hardwire kit’s power plug to the camera. When plugged all the way into the camera, the power cuts off. I put a tiny o-ring around the plug to keep it from seating all the way in, and it now works.
I wonder if the power plug doesn’t like heat and vibration?

Back