A229 RTSP + wifi station

confused1

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Hi, i just got my Viofo A229 and i managed to connect it to my hotspot.
I could not get instructions but only for A129 where it says to press and hold WIFI and REC button. But on A220 its WIFI and MIC buttons combination, which I figured out by myself :D
Now my question is, if anyone knows, what is RTSP URL for live view? Or any more information than plain HTTP via web browser to camera IP address.
I saw that A129 has an RTSP stream that you can open in VLC and many other features. like rtsp://192.168.1.254
Also, android app seems to work only if the camera is not in Station mode but in direct connection from phone to camera's VIOFO hotspot.

I tried RTSP on android when directly connected and also in wifi station mode when connected to my router but I just managed to get web access to files. Can android App work when camera and phone are connected to same hotspot? And how?

version:VIOFO_A229_V1.2_20230413

On the A229, I think you might have to use http streaming rather than rtsp. Not certain about that, but they all seem to support http streaming of the live video while rtsp seems to be missing on a few of the cameras.

A somehow managed to get RTSP in VLC on PC but not on phone. It just rtsp://CAM.IP.ADDRESS but I'm not sure why it didn't work before.
Also it doesn't work in MXPlayer on android phone. But I can live without that.
Anyway, does anyone know how to connect it to Android app when in WIFI Station mode with both devices connected to same hotspot?

A somehow managed to get RTSP in VLC on PC but not on phone. It just rtsp://CAM.IP.ADDRESS but I'm not sure why it didn't work before.
Also it doesn't work in MXPlayer on android phone. But I can live without that.
Anyway, does anyone know how to connect it to Android app when in WIFI Station mode with both devices connected to same hotspot?
There is no access to enter VIOFO app on your phone when in WiFi Station mode. The VIOFO app can only be connected to camera wifi. To check video files on your phone when in wifi station mode, you can open a browser on your phone and enter IP address, then you can get this page:
1692760568208.png
If you want to get a live view, you also need to install a VLC player on your phone and then realize it.

There is no access to enter VIOFO app on your phone when in WiFi Station mode. The VIOFO app can only be connected to camera wifi. To check video files on your phone when in wifi station mode, you can open a browser on your phone and enter IP address, then you can get this page:
View attachment 67022
If you want to get a live view, you also need to install a VLC player on your phone and then realize it.
@VIOFO-Support

Can't use wireless station mode with viofo app without needing another app? or it would be good to connect with both vlc player and viofo app.
That is, just as we connect to the camera from the phone normally, make settings and access the files, isn't it better to use it with the viofo application when the connection is made with the wifi station mode? So it can be adjusted remotely.

Back