A229 Video Quality - Is the quality of this footage normal?

DashCamKing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did post in the video quality thread but it doesn't appear to have attracted any attention.

What do people think of the quality of this A229 footage? Is it normal? If you watch to the end you cannot make out the licence plate on the car at the lights. I have it set to high bit rate.

Can you post some daytime footage?

Bit hard to judge the focus from night footage, but otherwise it looks normal to me.

Can you post some daytime footage?

Bit hard to judge the focus from night footage, but otherwise it looks normal to me.

Sorry it took a while. It's not the best clip.

I think that looks normal, appears to be a bit short of bitrate, setting it to Maximum might improve it a little, but I don't see anything wrong.

Not being able to read plates at night when they are moving is normal, although a few of the latest models do have an HDR function that sometimes successfully reads plates even at high speeds, so if you have been looking at images from them then this may look a little disappointing. It should be able to read plates OK at night when there is no movement.

Sorry it took a while. It's not the best clip.
I watched your test footage.
The camera is performing as advertised.
What is your complaint, or concern?
It's possible you have unrealistic expectations of this camera if you are comparing it to newer models with HDR.

Back