Anyone buy the $40 G1WH from Gearbest?

iDerek

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know there is some discussion about this $40 G1WH dash cam from gearbest in another thread, but I was wondering if anyone here bought one and can give me some more information about it.

This one here:
I know from other threads that it seems to be legit with the quality and it having the correct chip, but I have a few questions about it.

For those who own it, does it support a 64gb microsd? Does it have a lot of glare? What is the overall build quality in hot temperatures?

Thanks.

I am just wondering since I haven't received mine yet and would like to know so I can either buy a G1w-C or another one of these for my other car before the sale ends.

EDIT:
To clear up some confusion, there needs to be a coupon for the $40 price, you can find it on post #3 if it is not applied automatically on checkout.

Strange. For me it shows price 50.99$ from link you shared.

The $40 price shows on the checkout, the coupon code ozcardvr should be applied automatically, if not probably will have to enter it manually. It's advertised on their main page.

Sorry for the confusion incase you were interested.

I just posted this for more information since the details on the deal are in another thread already.

Yeah, they've been running a special. If it's a real G1WH this seems like a bargain. Seems almost like it may be near or below their cost.

g1wh-png.6018

Strange that in description it says .MOV but on main pics it has M-JPEG.

I received a G1WH using the coupon code, took a few weeks to get delivered (took 1 week to actually be shipped out). Seems to be legit, compared to another G1WH I got off the ebay seller estore009 it's identical except for the boxes they came in. The box from Gearbest seems to be a re-stickered G1W box. Both record to .mov files and the video quality is nice and clear on the Gearbest version. As expected though, both have a bit of halo effect on street lights at night time, but at US$40, it's hard to complain about.

I bought from gearbest but don't have 64gb to use.
Other threads mention it should be okay or you can upgrade firmware.
Glare will be there regardless of what you buy, specially if you drive against the Sun.

Back