B40 English User Manual

shokk

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG SG9665GC V2 updated to the A229 plus 2 channel
Hi people,

I just bought an A118/B40 dash cam. I am having a little bit of a problem setting it up.Does anybody have a link to a downloadable English user manual?

what problem are you having, they're pretty basic to setup
More just general setting up of everything than a specific problem. Mainly which buttons to use to guide through the menu options. I have worked some of them out, but not all.

Last edited:
Thank you for the video link Roadcam.i will look at it asap. I might have a non working micro sd card. I can't see where or how to format it. I just threw an old 2 gB one out of an old phone in for now. Going to get a class 10 card shortlyto see if that helps. Thanks again

Thanks jokiin.I have managed to get it formatted now. I got a 16 gB class 10 sd card as well and put that in. I have pretty much got it sorted now. I am going to see if I can find a right angle fitting for the power supply. That would allow me to mount the camera prettty much at the top of the windscreen.

Thanks to everyone that offered advice. Much appreciated.

Regards, shokk

Hi - I have tried down loading the english manual of the B40/A118 - no luck :( any chance you can add to this site via PDF? thanks
just want to check some of the user interfaces to make sure I fully understand them - like auto power off? does this refer to when your switch off car it runs for 1 min etc of what you have selected?
also firmware - what does the latest one here do over the previous editions - I noticed my one is still showing January 2014 so have missed a few updates. afraid that I might brick it if the latest does not work?

auto power off is for when the camera is idle and not recording (externally powered or running from battery), the shutdown time is not adjustable

Can't say I've seen a version with Jan 2014 firmware, not sure where that came from, where did you buy it?

just tried that download and it worked no problem, rar format needs to be extracted but no issue

thanks for your reply - since positng I have managed to extract the english version so all good. I could post pics here for anyone that is interested.
purchased my unit off ebay from reseller that claims has rights to sell this unit?
i checked my firmware by scrolling through the menu tabs my one said JAN 2014 and since I have noticed on this website that there is a May 2014 version so I think I should update my unit as most updates fix gremlins in the system? so its as simple as puting the .BIN file on the SD card and starting up the Dash Cam and let it do it's thing? that's it?

yeah bin file on the card and turn the camera on, that's about it, once it boots it's done

have never seen a January version firmware so not sure what that's like, do you have a link to the version you bought, maybe someone I know, not sure

cheers - I will get it off the car tonight and write back later tonight - thank you very much

thanks for your reply - since positng I have managed to extract the english version so all good. I could post pics here for anyone that is interested.
purchased my unit off ebay from reseller that claims has rights to sell this unit?
i checked my firmware by scrolling through the menu tabs my one said JAN 2014 and since I have noticed on this website that there is a May 2014 version so I think I should update my unit as most updates fix gremlins in the system? so its as simple as puting the .BIN file on the SD card and starting up the Dash Cam and let it do it's thing? that's it?

Good to see you got it working. As Jokiin said the camera does shutdown automatically after about 1 minute. I might have to find the bin file and do a firmware upgrade myself. I assume the upgrade is somewhere on this site. I hope you get everything working ok.

Thanks for the link. I have the instructions now. Just have to work out how to copy the file from the computer to the sd card. I will have to read it a bit better.

copy and paste the bin file to card, nothing special

Last edited:
copy and past the bin file to card, nothing special
That's what I thought ,but for some reason my computer isn't recognising the cam atm. Don't know why yet.
Edit:
Tried another usb port, and now it recognises it. Just watching a bit of footage I took before. It's the first time I have seen it . I have to say I am very happy with the quality of the footage so far. Haven't seen any night time stuff to see what that is like.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D A118 (B40) 5
Back