Beautiful Night Time Footage (not filmed by me)

Panzer Platform

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2024 Minimum Requirements: STARVIS 2 & HDR
@viofo @VIOFO-Support @rcg530 @safedrivesolutions @Vortex Radar @BlackboxMyCar @Nigel @Mtz @Karagandinez @Paul Iddon

I just found this video clip on YouTube.
Despite the possible dirty windshield (inside), and incorrect 70/30 lens adjustment the footage looks pretty darn good to me.
The user https://www.youtube.com/@DailyDriveTours filmed his “unboxing video” 3 days ago so, I’m assuming it's the latest firmware.
The footage appears to be a “raw & unedited” 10 minute loop clip uploaded directly to YouTube.
It even has the original audio.
Things that caught my eye in this test footage are;
6:35 When the license plate is under direct illumination from his car’s headlights the HDR performance looks good.
Because the lens is adjusted 70/30 you can clearly see inside the windows of the very tall buildings.
This makes me want to drive 70 Miles (113 km) to San Francisco, and gather similar night time footage, (but that will most likely never happen).

Well the windy city have its moments, actually the opening scene i can sort of " duplicate " right here from the #6 largest Danish town.

Of course there are some exemptions, sky scrapers are fortunately a extremely rare sight in this country, actually i am not even sure there is a single +100 M tall building here,.
Actually just checked and there is 5 such buildings here, the oldest house here +100 M tall is called Domus Vista and it was build in 1969 ( 102 M tall ) and the newest one is the lighthouse building on the port of Aarhus harbour which is a whopping 142 M tall and was finished in 2022.
And of course i am not in possession of a current high end 4K camera.

Chicago is the #3 largest US town with 2.7 million people living it, Where as the #1 Danish town is the Capitol and it just have 1.3 million PPL living in it. Just 36.000 here in Randers.

I think if you drove the 70 mi to "Frisco" you would not need to angle camera up, just drive up and up those streets there.
Mind you seeing a current day recording of the streets of the car chase from the movie Bullitt, well that might be interesting, not least since i was 2 when that movie came out.

I will grab a screen shot from my N5 tomorrow to share, and i am sure you can agree on the opening shot at least.

@viofo @VIOFO-Support @rcg530 @safedrivesolutions @Vortex Radar @BlackboxMyCar @Nigel @Mtz @Karagandinez @Paul Iddon

I just found this video clip on YouTube.
Despite the possible dirty windshield (inside), and incorrect 70/30 lens adjustment the footage looks pretty darn good to me.
The user https://www.youtube.com/@DailyDriveTours filmed his “unboxing video” 3 days ago so, I’m assuming it's the latest firmware.
The footage appears to be a “raw & unedited” 10 minute loop clip uploaded directly to YouTube.
It even has the original audio.
Things that caught my eye in this test footage are;
6:35 When the license plate is under direct illumination from his car’s headlights the HDR performance looks good.
Because the lens is adjusted 70/30 you can clearly see inside the windows of the very tall buildings.
This makes me want to drive 70 Miles (113 km) to San Francisco, and gather similar night time footage, (but that will most likely never happen).

Are you saying that in my videos you can see the license plates worse?
And in my videos you can see the license plates of oncoming cars, not in the same direction.
So the installation of my A229 Pro suits me quite well. :cool:

Are you saying that in my videos you can see the license plates worse?
Not at all, you are beautiful too. lol
It was nice seeing those streets at NIGHT.
They were filming locations for Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986);

Here is my video.

The lights here, in the shape of a Clydesdale horse is due to history.
So in the old days horses used to pull barges from here in Randers up the gudenå river ( largest Danish river ) to a town called Silkeborg, i think some 50 KM from here, up there there was some industry tapping into the power of the water, so paper mills ASO.

And of course everything smaller CUZ, Small Denmark.
Towns here do have thoughts about them self, for instance my birth town of Aarhus, it is nicknamed the town of the smile,,,,, why i have no idea try and walk thru it even on the best summer day and you will NOT see a lot of smiling people.
I have no ides if Randers have a similar take on itself.

EDIT: Video,,,,,,, crash somehow added in post production, original footage is good.

Audio is there i just keep my mouth shut,,,, it happen now and then.

The lights here, in the shape of a Clydesdale horse is due to history.
That doesn't really look like a Clydesdale, looks more like a Lipizzan. On the Clydesdale, the front legs go almost in the middle for better traction, they don't go in front of the head, maybe the designer hadn't actually seen one?

96bf52a9be1d03c821074dadf358d4d8.jpg

clydesdales_1522150194850_38506975_ver1.0.jpg

As it turn out, the horses used here ( often it was also just 4-5 men that pulled the 20 - 25 T barges upstream )
Anyway as in farming here in the old pre tractor days, horses was a mix of a local breed and Shire / Suffolk, and was called the Jutish horse here.

iu

Also a statue elsewhere in town.

iu

Also a statue elsewhere in town.
That looks wrong too, I don't think that draft horses can lift their head up there, the backbone doesn't bend that much, head when working is normally flat with a straight backbone, like in your photo.

Of course statues don't need to reflect reality.

Dad-_East_Manley_2_389001692.jpg

There is a widely believed myth that the large heavy horses i.e. Shires or Clydesdales with big fluffy feet did the job of pulling our barges on inland waterways, but this was very much the exception and not the rule, you were more likely to see a donkey, mule or smaller horse breeds (like the picture above) than you were a heavy horse.

Back