blackview ambarella a12 speed ,date STAMP settings

dariod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
a12 blackview, mini 0803, 0805, 0806
hello. this is my firs post here :)
received my blackview ambarella a12 dashcam, when speed on gps is more than 10km/h date stamp goes blurry . I can not find anything in menu to set it show speed and time stamp all the time. anyone have this issue ? thanks

Hi I'm not an expert but the speed is superimposed over the image so no setting for it , I don't have any issue like that so I suppose is a problem with the unit
:(

it seems setting for driver who like to hide speed while driving too fast. scroll down to second picture. up to 10km/h its okspeed.jpg speed1.jpg speed1.jpg or so. at some point is good, just need custom setting to be there for everyone
if watching file using supplied dashcam player speed and gps information is displayed OK.

Are you referring to the DAB201 or DAB202?

Try the firmware version 2287. I have seen that with a firmware version I had. Version 2287 can be found here https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Jy9g/MB7cshetu

I have been using it for a week or so and it seems fine.

Word of caution, I believe the default language is Russian so you will need to know how to go through the menu in Russian to select your language of choice. Go through your current menu setup so you know where it's located.

Good luck.

i am using this
Blackview DT01

20160308_175509.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, not familiar with that one. I can't say the firmware version I mentioned would work or not. I would try and find one that is made for that model before trying the 2287 one.

Wait, I take that back. I should have looked at the picture you linked to first. That's the DAB201. Firmware 2287 should work.

Wait, I take that back. I should have looked at the picture you linked to first. That's the DAB201. Firmware 2287 should work.

I downloaded bin file how to flash it to dashcam? could u advice please. (I can remap saab engine ecu or build pc from scrach but never flashed dashcam yet... ) :)

It's easy, just copy the unzipped file on the root of the SD card, start the camera it will ask if you want to update chose yes.
Be sure to delete those files after the FW is installed, I power off the camera after the update is finish and delete the files from the SD, then all was OK
:)

Simply copy the bin file and paste it onto your microSD card. With the camera off, insert the card and then turn camera on. It will ask you if you want to install new firmware. Click OK. I think it then asks you to reboot or something, say OK. The camera will shut down. Now remove the SD card and either insert another card or remove the bin file from the card you just used and put it back into the camera. Restart camera. If you don't remove bin file and use the same SD card, it will ask you to reformat again.

It's easy, just copy the unzipped file on the root of the SD card, start the camera it will ask if you want to update chose yes.
Be sure to delete those files after the FW is installed, I power off the camera after the update is finish and delete the files from the SD, then all was OK
:)

hey, thanks for help guys. updated firmware, dashcam a12 powers up ok, will it test tomorrow about my issue in topic.
default language in this firmware it is Russian, but no problems I understand Russian.

I have another 3 mini dashcams, will update firmware also. thanks again guys, you are very helpful :)

Last edited:
You can change language , I setted mine in italian :)
you can set it on english

Thanks guys.
changed language to English, now I have mph and kmph. no more blur. seems to work fine, tested on the road.

one more question, what is best dashcam player? with gps data on map?

Blackview player will show your gps data, but I don't find the video quality to be all that great. Someone has also used Datakam for Macs.

Yes I used the Mac version of Datakam and is working good , for me video quality is good , don't have the windows version so I can't compare :(

I am windows user :) after firmware update , dashcam internal disk with player become corrupted. so would be nice to find some player.

I believe version 1.19 is the latest Blackview player version. I think I have the download link for it. I'll look for it and post it when I find it.

I believe version 1.19 is the latest Blackview player version. I think I have the download link for it. I'll look for it and post it when I find it.
thanks for your time :)

Back